eBay unsolicited emails annoyed

ez_4931
Community Member

I'm now receiving unsolicited eBay emails of any item I look at on their site that are not in my watch list, this is unconscionable email marketing spam conduct, I'm so annoyed, what can I do about it?.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

You could adjust your account preferences or you could ignore & delete them... up to you really.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

I never ever open those emails. 

I use gmail by the way, and I think they should not land in the main mailbox in the first place, but in the promotions mailbox by default. But maybe only mass emails land there, and what I have viewed is my business...

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

โ€ฆand when you go on fb, what ever you searched for on eBay, will start appearing as *adds* on fbโ€ฆ..

โ€ฆ.Big Brother is watchingโ€ฆ.. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Itโ€™s just an email, itโ€™s not a *bill*! 
โ€ฆ. so whatโ€™s the problem? Really? 

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

BIN em. lol

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Search for things while incognito.

That may help.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

I don't even know where cognito is.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

I search using this account, because I never check the email address attached to it. It's purely a forum posting account. I did try searching while I was logged out of one of my other accounts before Christmas and still get hammered with suggestions of the items I was searching. I was definitely logged out!

Either delete the emails without reading them, or create a hotmail or gmail email address and open a new account purely for searching. Then when you find something you want to buy, buy it using this account.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

@repentatleisure1952 wrote:

I don't even know where cognito is.

โ€ฆat the bottom of a bottle of wine, or two ๐Ÿ˜‰

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

I don't know the answer to this one, but are you able to change the email address that is linked to your account? The contact details? I would imagine you should be able to.

If so, then you could open a new webmail email and use that in your contact details.

That way, your main email address stays free of ads. You can always link the ebay email if you wish and just click into it now and again to do a mass delete. Your everyday life wont be disrupted by unwanted ebay ads though.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply