ebay contact is impossible

Ever tried contacting ebay with an issue like when a seller can't supply goods you have paid for, but constantly lists these items he doesn't have?

When you phone ebay about it you speak to an offshore call center who only wants you to go away. They do not care about the buyer.

I am sick of shopping on ebay because it is setup totally in favour of the seller. ebay leaves the poor old buyer to fend for themselves.

I hate Greed so much, but ebay loves it more & more each time I log-on.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Why do you need to contact ebay?

Just open a dispute for item not received....you either get your item or your money back.

Ebay can not do any more than that and they take far longer to do it than it takes for you to do it yourself.

Instead of outrage, learn the rules and follow through.....it takes a lot less energy than relying on ebay.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

@billycokebottle56 wrote:

I am sick of shopping on ebay because it is setup totally in favour of the seller. 

Sellers on eBay will be astonished and delighted to hear that.

@billycokebottle56, if you have already been refunded by the seller, all that you can do is leave negative feedback indicating that the seller stated that the item was out of stock. You could also contact eBay (using Have us call you - bottom of Help page) and tell eBay that the seller refunded you with the reason that the item was out of stock, but that as he has relisted the same item, you feel that the seller may be breaching eBay policy.

If the seller cancelled on the basis of being out of stock, they would already be being punished by eBay, however. โTry to avoid cancelling a transaction because you don't have the item to send โ€“ it's considered a transaction defect and may affect your seller performance level.โž

If you haven't been refunded, then as lyndal says, open a case on the basis of the item not having arrived.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Set up in favour of sellers?

you HAVE to be joking

Never become a seller you would mess your pants

And stop blaming all sellers for your not knowing how to use eBay

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

@sandypebbles wrote:

Set up in favour of sellers?

you HAVE to be joking

Never become a seller you would mess your pants

And stop blaming all sellers for your not knowing how to use eBay

The op has never been a Seller, that is for sure!

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

@billycokebottle56 wrote:

They do not care about the buyer.

I am sick of shopping on ebay because it is setup totally in favour of the seller. ebay leaves the poor old buyer to fend for themselves.

Ebay setup in favour of the Seller??  We Sellers are having a great laugh at that one. Suggest you never become a Seller, or you will find out very quickly who eBay favours, and I can assure you it is not the Seller.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Biggest load of codswallop I have read on here for a long time

Maybe OP believes sellers get thier own call center (hint, ring an overseas call center, you get an overseas call center. That it what it is, overseas where staff read from scripts for EVERY caller, buyer or seller)

Maybe they don't have the 'help' tab at the top and bottom of every single page that will link them to how to contact live chat or get eBay to contact them

Maybe they think eBay will 'know' and open a dispute for them 

Joke

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

OK I dont agree with everything he says, but after many years of buying on Ebay without problem, I have had 2 bad experiences recently, neither have been resolved, and both got closed premerturly.

The point does stand. 

Once Ebay decides a matter is closed, it doesnt matter if your happy with the outcome or not, your not able to get a response or contact Ebay.

Also, Im not saying all sellers are the same, but I got caught twice over the xmas/new year break with sellers selling items that arnt available. THIS IS BECOMING AN ISSUE and is becoming more common. I think Ebay needs to start taking this more seriously so it doesnt predjudice the sellers that are trying to do the right thing.

Also, a refund doesnt always cut it. I was out of pocket $4K for nearly 5 weeks while this was resolved, that is unacceptable to me ( especiall yas I believe the same seller still has the same unavailable item listed and is still taking money for it), apparently Ebay has no issue with it.

If I was a seller, instead of critisising someone for saying he is having trouble getting something resolved, I would also be chasing Ebay to get thier act in order.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply