ebay stuff up #9236868655333

Yet another glitch in the system. I ordered two of the same item from a seller last month, neither arrived and it's two weeks past the delivery date. I opened a request to either get a tracking number or refund and the seller has refunded one item i.e. half the money I paid and ebay has closed the request and stated I've gotten a full refund when I haven't. It also says 'partial refund' in PayPal. I can't open another request and I can't appeal the closed request and all I get in PayPal is the option to go back to ebay, which doesn't help me at all and the seller is ignoring me. I'm guessing I'll have to call ebay and tell them they screwed up, but that shouldn't be allowed to happen in the first place.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Hi. Give Paypal a call when next they are open on 1800 073 263. Have your transaction ID ready and explain that you had 2 items on the same payment that was not delivered not just the one you were refunded for. I always find them very helpful if you are reasonable with them. If you paid for them separately, you need to have done an INR on both items.

Have a Happy New Year:)

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Same thing happened with one of my transactions, except I was the seller.

The buyer had bought a quantity of 3, of the same item, in a single transaction (that is, they put 3 as the quantity when purchasing, not bought 3 separately and paid for them all together), so there was no reason to separate them into individual purchases. Buyers have had to open INRs on each separate item in an order before, which at least makes some kind of sense, but this doesn't.

I didn't have any options to refund the full amount when choosing which action to take in the resolution centre, either, as according to eBay a "full refund" was exactly one third of the original total (purchase price of one, plus 1/3 the postage). 

Only difference in my case is I noticed it when I was issuing the refund and contacted them to make some other suggestions (they were weirdly uninterested, but that's a whole 'nother story - in the end I had to refund the rest directly from PayPal). 

Anyway, that was about a month or so ago, so it's been happening for at least a few weeks. 

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I'll try that, thanks!
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

That's super weird and a definite glitch that I assume ebay might think about fixing in 2067 or so. Difference seems to be that you're a decent seller who refunded the remaining amount, whilst mine is content to ignore me. Oh well, I'll give ebay or PayPal a call and see how I go.
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply