false guarantee misleading ad

ebay guarantee is worthless they just refruse to honour it no matter what. the seller sent my parcerl the the wrong address He acknowledged that and launched an investigation with the courier. the courier took ages to get back and the seller mislead and created obstacles. I appealed and ebay said if i could get in writing from the courier they would refund me. I DID GET IT IN WRITING and they just ignored it and refused to refund. this is the last time i deal with ebay. they cant even refranin from false advertising. when i lodged a negative feedback on  the seller they didnt publish it 

how can you trust anything on the site

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Firstly, if the courier has your parcel and is aware of the issue, can't they redirect to you?

Message 2 of 24
Latest reply

Open an item not received dispute through eBay, and then escalate it as soon as it allows. Once you escalate (ask eBay to step in and help), you should get a refund nearly immediately.

Message 3 of 24
Latest reply

Did you open a proper claim, as tippy suggested?

If so and if it got knocked back, try opening a paypal dispute.

Message 4 of 24
Latest reply

How did the seller get the wrong address in the first place?

Do you make sure that ALL your addresses were up to date - this means in 3 places:

Ebay Account - personal information - registered address

Ebay Account - addresses - set one postage address as primary

Paypal - address

Message 5 of 24
Latest reply

Jelly, I suspect that the issue could be the same as the thread on the selling forum, where eBay is giving the wrong address to the seller. Even when all addresses are correct, they are somehow coming up with ancient addresses deleted years ago (or possibly just a random address from who knows where).

At the moment it's not such an issue because the PayPal address is usually correct. However, once everyone has moved to Managed Payment, sellers will have to rely on the address eBay gives them. Obviously sellers won't know if the address is correct or not, because there will be no way to check it.

Someone even mentioned that the address in the Order Details wasn't correct. That is usually updated to the correct address when someone pays.

Message 6 of 24
Latest reply

You have not made any mention of having followed the correct procedure at all 

Not to mention a seller does not Publish feedback, as soon as buyer leaves it, it is there, the seller can not stop it being published 

It can be removed by eBay later if it breaks the rules

Are you saying the seller sent sent the item to some random address?

Message 7 of 24
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

Jelly, I suspect that the issue could be the same as the thread on the selling forum, where eBay is giving the wrong address to the seller. Even when all addresses are correct, they are somehow coming up with ancient addresses deleted years ago (or possibly just a random address from who knows where).

At the moment it's not such an issue because the PayPal address is usually correct. However, once everyone has moved to Managed Payment, sellers will have to rely on the address eBay gives them. Obviously sellers won't know if the address is correct or not, because there will be no way to check it.

Someone even mentioned that the address in the Order Details wasn't correct. That is usually updated to the correct address when someone pays.

Who was that? The order details are always correct. I've never heard any different

Message 8 of 24
Latest reply

There are 2 threads relating to incorrect addresses on the selling forum. Read them. It's in one of those. I always thought the order details were always correct, but for this member, they weren't.

Message 9 of 24
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

There are 2 threads relating to incorrect addresses on the selling forum. Read them. It's in one of those. I always thought the order details were always correct, but for this member, they weren't.

Which member? I read those and to my knowledge no-one mentioned order details being incorrect

Message 10 of 24
Latest reply