global shipping big$$ slow as

I've noticed that if I buy from USA and its handled by the global shipping it takes a month at least to get to Australia.. there prices are all over the place for the same item.. EG; astatic D104 cb mike is as low as $28 and as high as $78 this shows that someone is making some undisclosed funds ! UK to oz 7 to 10 working days....
Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Get out of the bed on the wrong side today?Woman Tongue

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

EG; astatic D104 cb mike is as low as $28 and as high as $78 this shows that someone is making some undisclosed funds !

It just shows some sellers are not specifying the weights and dimensions of their items properly, and/or are charging premium shipping rates for the domestic leg of the journey.

Just avoid HSP sellers unless the item is very heavy, at least 4 pounds.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

If you see an item you want and the seller uses global shipping buy elsewhere from a seller who doesn't and email the original seller to tell them why you didn't buy from them. A lot of US sellers have no idea about the extra charges or the fact that there item may not be shipped because it is perceived as a possible customs stop. If enough members do this then more sellers may ditch the service.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

67cars
Community Member

Just experiencing my first Ebay Global Shipping Program ripoff.  $24 to the seller for postage, another $50 odd + to Ebays exclusive shipping handler Pitney Bowes. i'll have to be more careful next time and watch out for anyone using this option.

So far the laptop I purchased has spent the last 7 days hopping around the USA. Any other method i.e. directly posted by the seller and it leaves the US in 2 days normally. Arrives in about 3. It'll be interesting to see how much longer it takes.

I just hope with all the extra pickup/dropoffs this items arrives intact!

Customs Documentation and Labeling

May-23-14, 02:01 AM, Erlanger

Processing at US Shipping Center

May-23-14, 01:39 AM, Erlanger

Arrived at US shipping Center

May-22-14, 12:27 PM, ERLANGER, KY  41018

Enroute to US Shipping Center

May-22-14, 07:33 AM, ELSMERE, KY

In Transit-ARRIVAL SCAN

May-22-14, 06:55 AM, ELSMERE, KY

In Transit-DEPARTURE SCAN

May-22-14, 04:48 AM, LOUISVILLE, KY

In Transit-ARRIVAL SCAN

May-21-14, 20:41 PM, LOUISVILLE, KY

May-21-14, 20:30 PM, LOUISVILLE, KY

In Transit-ARRIVAL SCAN

May-21-14, 10:57 AM, LOUISVILLE, KY

May-21-14, 04:31 AM, EARTH CITY, MO

In Transit-ARRIVAL SCAN

May-20-14, 23:25 PM, EARTH CITY, MO

May-20-14, 16:11 PM, SALINA, KS

In Transit-ARRIVAL SCAN

May-20-14, 14:11 PM, SALINA, KS

May-20-14, 03:35 AM, COMMERCE CITY, CO

In Transit-ARRIVAL SCAN

May-19-14, 15:28 PM, COMMERCE CITY, CO

May-16-14, 22:32 PM, LAS VEGAS, NV

In Transit-ORIGIN SCAN

May-16-14, 19:50 PM, LAS VEGAS, NV

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Avoid buying anything that is shipped via the Global Shipping Program.

I purchased an item, and the frieght description was "International Priority Shipping"
The item I purchased was located in California.
I paid in full via Paypal on the 7th of April, ie. 12 days ago.

Since then, its left California, then obviously via road freight through Arizona, Texas, Missouri, then to the GSP office in Kentucky...
Then it was on another truck, then onto Tennessee and Illinois, where, I HOPE it will actually get on a plane, no doubt all the way back across the USA to LAX for transfer to Australia.
Who knows though, it will probably get road freighted back to LAX.

I thought this was "International Priority Shipping"?
More like a sight seeing tour across the USA.
I'd hate to see their standard shipping.

I've bought items from the Ukraine that have been in my hand 5 days later, with normal shipping, although admittedly that was very fast.
Most items I have in my hand within 2 weeks, and often less,  if I buy it from the USA, China or Hong Kong.

The Ebay ETA ranges from today - which I find highly unlikely given its still in the states, to the 30th of April... ie a 12 day window - what a ridiculous large range.

The Global Shipping Program obviously sucks, and seems very expensive.
I thought it was meant to make it easier for US sellers to sell overseas.
I personally will never buy anything again that is shipped by this method.

To the sellers using this method, for your own sake I'd ship via UPS or some other method.
Few buyers will be happy with this service.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

its been said here on the boards many times, the GSP is expensive and a lousy service.

the only thing you can do is not buy from sellers using it or if you must use a seller using it factor in the long delays and the expense.

ebay are not going to change it.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

@davidc4430 wrote:

its been said here on the boards many times, the GSP is expensive and a lousy service.

the only thing you can do is not buy from sellers using it or if you must use a seller using it factor in the long delays and the expense.

ebay are not going to change it.

On many newer threads....

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply