how bad a seller need no be before eBay takes some action

I purchased an item from mydashop but it never arrived. Sadly I checked the feedback forum and I learn that my problem with mydashop is very common. They string you out with excuses until the 45 days runs out and Paypal disowns you. My lesson cost me $100.  Obviously ebay is aware of the conduct of this sellar but chooses to do nothing. Unfortunately I can not post a negative feedback either as I have waited too long.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Why would you buy from a seller with a 96.9% feedback score and expect everything to be OK?

They are certainly not selling as much as they were a year ago, so it would appear their feedback is regulating who/how many buyers buy from them/

The feedback is nowhere near bad enough for ebay to throw them off the site.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Why did you let them stall you ? You were aware of the rules. If you have had opened a case, you would have been paid back. A hard lesson learnt, sorry.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Unfortunately you dealt with an unscrupulous seller. The period of time for a Paypal claim to be opened is being extended from 45 days to 180 days later on in November. This will curtail the delaying tactics that bad sellers use till the 45 days has passed.

Buyers need to be aware of cut off times for Paypal claims and timeframe to leave feedback (60 days).

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Hi OP, sorry to learn of your misfortune caused by a bad seller, the same thing happened to me many years ago so I feel your pain.

Unfortunately by your no longer being able to leave feedback this helps the seller to carry on, as the more negatives they receive the closer they get to being restricted/shut down.

I applaud your recognizing this as a lesson learned, this means you are already on the road to recovery. In the long run it will help to improve your online buying experience by helping you to buy safely through recognizing & avoiding poor performing sellers, and also knowing much better what to do for if you do fall foul of one again.

Welcome to the ebay discussion boards. 

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Thanks for your response. I have never hads a problem before with eBay so was unaware these people existed. I now know that selecting the cheepest post system is problematic as 30 days for delivery takes up too much of the 45 days paypal give you. I ordered the items relative to the time I needed the item and figured that if it took a little longer to arrive it would be ok. I was at the time unaware of the time constraints of eBay and Paypal at the time.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Thanks for your reply to my post.

I have been asked by PayPal to contact the seller to resolve my problem. Unfortunately the seller does not return my emails. I have even considered purchasing something else from this seller just for the opportunity of posting a negative response. However I can see that that would be pointless as it appears the seller seems to ignore the negative eBay responses as they build up now.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

The secret is not to let any seller stall you, no matter what.

If the item isn't there within the month, no matter where it is coming from, lodge a paypal dispute.

If it then arrives later, fine, no worries, but if it doesn't, you have covered youself and you'll get your money back.

Always do the feedback within the time too.

I don't know about purchasing just for the purpose of being able to give negative feedback. Seems like a lot of trouble and risk for not much gain. I do understand how you feel, but if you do it, buy something really cheap.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

@6687donald wrote:

I purchased an item from mydashop but it never arrived. Sadly I checked the feedback forum and I learn that my problem with mydashop is very common. They string you out with excuses until the 45 days runs out and Paypal disowns you. My lesson cost me $100.  Obviously ebay is aware of the conduct of this sellar but chooses to do nothing. Unfortunately I can not post a negative feedback either as I have waited too long.

Paypal have recently extended their buyer protection to 180 days.

That being said, each individual must take responsibility for looking after their own interests, and take appropriate action within the dispute process timeframes that are available to them.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

@6687donald wrote:

Thanks for your reply to my post.

I have been asked by PayPal to contact the seller to resolve my problem. Unfortunately the seller does not return my emails. I have even considered purchasing something else from this seller just for the opportunity of posting a negative response. However I can see that that would be pointless as it appears the seller seems to ignore the negative eBay responses as they build up now.

apart from being against ebay rules to buy just to leave a neg.

why would you bother??  I mean he had enough negs before you spend your $100 and it didnt seem to worry you, so why do you think just one more neg from you would harm his reputation in any way???

learn to read the Terms and Conditions to which you agreed when you joined eBay and Paypal.. follow them... the 45 day rule is printed on every confirmation of payment email Paypal send you.

read them!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 10 of 10
Latest reply