how can I call eBay as it seems there it literally no way to do so anymore

I bought a product from a seller that said they were in Victoria. I now believe this to be fake & after countless messages to them, I asked why it was taking so long to which they replied it was coming from China. I said I purchased the item as it was from Australia given the huge wait times of anything from China presently. They then changed the story & said it was in Victoria & that because of Covid it was taking longer. I asked why I hadnt got a tracking number after putting in a not received request, and suddenly I am given a tracking number. I couldnt get into the tracking number as it said it wasnt correct so I contacted this seller again. The seller then says to wait a few days which I did, and now almost 4 months later and countless emails, the tracking number doesnt exist & the seller has now gone AWOL.

I want my money back, but becuase I had put a case in & closed it as instructed, I can no longer put another one in. eBay has become incredibly hard to use & seems to not be as safe anymore.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

The call center has been closed for moths due to Coronavirus

But it is more than likely you are well out of time to open a dipsute with eBay anyway, if it was four months ago

Did the seller instruct you to close the case ??

If you used PayPal, they give you six months

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Victoria does not necessary means Victoria Australia. Victoria is the capital of Hong Kong. Hong Kong citizens who are naturalised Australians and holds an Australian passport would show their 'country of birth' as Victoria.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Never let a seller string you along time-wise, let alone instruct you to close a case.

Only close a case when you have either a refund or the item, not on the sellers say so.

You can try open a case in Paypal as you have 6 months to do so.

For future reference, you need to look where a seller is registered, not where an item is "located".

I don't buy much on Ebay myself, but I would not have a back and forth discussion with a seller that goes on for months. You pay, they send. Simple.

Also, many items are sent without tracking, no matter where a seller is located, so getting a tracking number is not guaranteed, but again, if the item does not show up in the time frame, just open and close a case accordingly.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply