how do I speak to Ebay

smiles47
Community Member

Hi,

I sent a message to ebay last Thursday & received no reply as when I bid on the item on my Ipad it had free postage but on my desktop it had frieght HOW CAN THAT BE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had to pay for the item with fright because no-one from EBAY responded how are we supposed to keep in touch with you people if you don't respond, PLEASE REPLY !!!!!!!!!!!!

Smiles47

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

how do I speak to Ebay

The people YOU ARE YELLING AT are other members just like you(well in a way-just with better manners). A lot of items come up with free postage on the search result -however you need to CAREFULLY READ the body of the listing for exact postage terms etc.

Works for me!!!!!

BTW,if you have a genuine gripe try customer support & speak direct to eBay.

That also works for me!!!!!

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

how do I speak to Ebay

The ipad/iphone app has lots of problems. To get the best when buying on ebay using your iphone or ipad, use the link at the bottom of the app main page "classic site" to make transactions - it is a bit fiddly, but at least all the features work. The iphone app is only OK for browsing in my view.

Have you tried contacting the seller? And don't forget it is a long weekend for most Australians, the seller may be away, I'm sure you'll get a response tomorrow. I believe China has been on holidays too, so if you are buying from there, there may be a communications delay.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

how do I speak to Ebay

very slowly.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

how do I speak to Ebay

In your situation, the first thing that you need to do is to contact your seller. You do this through the links on the listing.

If you want to contact eBay, up the top right of your screen is a "Customer Support" Tab

click on that an then once inside are  two tabs about a third of the way down the page on the left hand side.

Click on the one that says "Contact Us" (or similar) follow the lists, probaly "buying" for you in this case, and then select from the drop down menu that will appear the section that seems closest to your querie.

Eventually you will get to options to send email or have them contact you or you contact them. Choose one of the latter as the response is instant.

best of luck with it all.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

how do I speak to Ebay

It is not the seller's fault the mobile app is rather inadequate, that isn't your fault either however if you had read the whole listing you would have seen that it was a freight delivery. Even though you failed to read it properly you could have not paid and asked the seller to mutually cancel the transaction and if they didn't you would have got an unpaid item strike, it is a bit of a wake up call as long as you never get another in the same 12 month period, if you do then a lot of sellers will have you blocked.

As the mobile app is so problemtatic it is better to go to the bottom of the page and choose classic view.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

how do I speak to Ebay

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

It is not the seller's fault the mobile app is rather inadequate, that isn't your fault either however if you had read the whole listing you would have seen that it was a freight delivery. Even though you failed to read it properly you could have not paid and asked the seller to mutually cancel the transaction and if they didn't you would have got an unpaid item strike, it is a bit of a wake up call as long as you never get another in the same 12 month period, if you do then a lot of sellers will have you blocked.

As the mobile app is so problemtatic it is better to go to the bottom of the page and choose classic view.

Mmmm curious.  Have you now used a smart phone app and know first hand of its capabilities and limitations then PJ ?? 

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

how do I speak to Ebay

I used the app once or twice. I use the smartphone rarely, didn't want one but it was a pressie, but I now go direct to the full site if I do want to see anything ebay related.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply