how do you get ebay to solve an issue rather than make you crazy with their avoidance of problems

eseth34
Community Member

I baught faulty lights. I asked to return them, the seller accepted. During thios time I went on a holiday. When I returned the case was closed. Now I have been blocked out by ebay, the hours I have spent on this problem would exceed 4x the $100 spent. Why can't I contact anyone about this? Or is this standard.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

how do you get ebay to solve an issue rather than make you crazy with their avoidance of problems

Presumably you paid with Paypal, if so open a dispute in their resolution centre, BUT before you open it sign up for Paypal's "limited return offer" or you'll have to pay all the return postage yourself.

https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/returns

"Start me up I'll never stop......"

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Presumably you paid with Paypal, if so open a dispute in their resolution centre, BUT before you open it sign up for Paypal's "limited return offer" or you'll have to pay all the return postage yourself.

https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/returns

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Thanks Padi, I probably should have thought of going through Paypal. I don't think anyone could worse to communicate through than ebay.
Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

just remember pay pal s owned by ebay 

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

@readysetgo2u2015 wrote:

just remember pay pal s owned by ebay 

No it's not.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

It is false information like that that puts people off trying to get their money back/sort out problems that are too late or 'too hard' for ebay 

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

I was thinking the same until recently but how WRONG I was. Paypal is even worse, imagine Starwars only with dumbed down bots using the 1970s Eliza emulation to give the impression of intelligence.  If eBay resolution makes you go crazy then you ain't seen nothing yet. LOL

I recenlty opened a claim with eBay and made the mistake of also informing Paypal the seller was dodgy. Ebay allowed me to waste a week coresponding wiht seller then when I asked them to step in they promply ditched me because I contacted Paypal. 

After mentioning to Paypal 3 times in my initial complaint as well as in correspondence with seller through Paypal that I never received the item , basically because seller underpayed postage on the free delivery item so it ended up in the next town to be released only on payment of postage fee , their solution was to have C-3PO come up with the most idiotic solution posible.  The seller will make the refund once I return the item and provide Paypal the tracking details.

Monty Phyton would have enough material for a few episodes if they were still around.  

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Ebay owe me around $50 for Ebay plus subscription. It shows as a credit on my account. Despite many attempts to get my money back I just get promises which are not carried out. It has been dragging on for 14 months and many hours of writing to them. I am now going to Consumer affairs.
Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Your issue has nothing to do with the original thread. You really should have started a new post.

Ebay doesn't owe you anything. If you have signed up for Plus, then you pay the subscription. If you no longer want it, then it is up to you to cancel it before the next payment is due. Once you have paid for the subscription, it's not refundable. Unless you cancel it, eBay doesn't know you no longer want it.

Go to Consumer Affairs. Please come back and tell us how it went for you. I'm guessing they will tell you the same as what I have. Dont let that stop you though.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

rowa821
Community Member

Well I've just made a purchase not too long ago With a company called KishKash entertainment and they are requesting that I close dispute over the purchase of the item I bought but I don't know how to do that. does anyone know how to help me with that?

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply