iS CHAT WORKING AS i HAVE TRIED SEVERAL TIMES TO REPORT A SHILL BIDDER & THEY ARE NOT GETTING BACK T

Does anyone no if chat is working as i have tried to report a bidder that has 12 recent retractions & has had 26 in 12 months . They also cancelled there bid & then went straight back on & bid my bid up . Ebay chat is not getting back to me .

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

iS CHAT WORKING AS i HAVE TRIED SEVERAL TIMES TO REPORT A SHILL BIDDER & THEY ARE NOT GETTING BACK T

Shill bidding is when a seller or an associate bids an item up in order to gain a better price. Not when a bidder bids on an item and then reneges.

Block them. And consider not doing auctions. Assuming you know what your item is worth use Buy Now pricing - eBay doesn't really support auctions anymore.

No need to contact customer support at all.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Thanks but i am a buyer & you can click on each bidder and this is how i found this bider with so many retractions > I have seen plenty of this even up to 200+ retractions in 12 months

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Don't bid more than your maximum. Simple.

Or stop playing with sellers who may or may not be shilling. If it's happened once, why would you not expect it to happen again with the same seller?

I suggest you look at Buy Now items. You get what you want at a price you are happy with. It might not be the way undervalued price you are hoping for...

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

@wombat6643 wrote:

Thanks but i am a buyer & you can click on each bidder and this is how i found this bider with so many retractions > I have seen plenty of this even up to 200+ retractions in 12 months

200 Retractions?

Bah... amateurs.

There are Asian & Sub Continent shill bidding sausage factories where 6-8 k retractions is common. Save yourself some time... eBay will not do anything.

Bid once, bid late or use a snipe service.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Chat certainly would not be getting back to you at almost 8pm on a Sunday night for one thing 

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply