international posting

rickbushwalker
Community Member

lately ive tryed to buy item from overseas  when i find the item  they wont sent international even though im prepared to pay  ,,is it just me  ,,i love ebay but think if they dont want overseas customers they just stay local ,,,,,anybody else with me  ,,,im talking $ 300  not cents

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

international posting

sirjunkhoarder
Community Member

A lot of international sellers just don't want the hassles of sending outside their country or geographic region.

There can be a lot of complications with delivery times, confirmation of delivery, local taxes and a raft of other issues...plus some buyers with leave negative feedback because of perceived high postage costs, long delivery times etc, in particular to places far away like Australia.

I've pleaded with a couple of international sellers to purchase their items, so say yes, other say no. At days end it's the seller's choice if they wish to sell and post to international locations.

Don't take it personal, however it is the sellers decision

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

international posting

For a value of $300 they would have to send with full tracking and insurance plus from many countries there are extra customs forms to be filled in for higher value items so don't be surprised that many sellers will not post overseas.

There are just as many Australian sellers, myself included, who can't justify the extra time and risk of posting overseas so only post to Australia.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

international posting

One of the problems can be that if a buyer is not happy and disutes the paypal payment because the item is not as described, arived damaged etc. It can be a very expensive problem for the seller. I personally do sell internationally but have just drastically curtailed the destinations. For example i will no longer sell to South America. It is very common that items to those locations supposedly never arrive and I end up foting the bill. Likewise I have bought a lot of items from the US that arrived damaged in the post. I have not put in a claim on these items but i susspect most buyers would. A lot of items arriving here do get mistreated in the post. One might assume many people overseas have decided its not worth the risk.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply