item advertised on US ebay but no postage offered to Australia?

sparch4
Community Member

There is an item advertised on US ebay I would like to buy but no postage is offered to Australia?  I am unable to contact the seller through the usual method because of this.  I would like to contact the seller to attempt to pursuade them to offer the item internationally.  Is there any way of contacting the seller through eBay?

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Open an account with a USA forwarding facility, such as myUS.  That way you will have a USA address to received the goods

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Short answer 'no'.

If they don't want to post to Australia, there is really nothing you can do except look for a seller willing to post to Australia.

I certainly wouldn't want to be approached by buyers wanting me to send something to the other side of the world. The way eBay is set up, the chances of doing my dough would be too high.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

If you are also registered on ebay.com, I would think you would be able to msg the seller.

I would not hold my breath however. From past experience a US seller that doesn't sell internationally, will not sell internationally. Those that I have tried see it as too much bother.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

There is one member who doesn't believe this would even happen.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Open an account with a USA forwarding facility, such as myUS.  That way you will have a USA address to received the goods

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Now there's an idea.  Thanks!

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Be prepared to pay a high cost for those types of services. It would be way cheaper to tell the seller to opt in for the GSP.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

"Be prepared to pay a high cost for those types of services. It would be way cheaper to tell the seller to opt in for the GSP."

Not so.

Join myUS with a Visa card and get a 25% discount on shipping charges.

Pay the shipping from the seller to Florida and then the shipping plus 10% GST charges based on price of goods and shipping..  A 1kg package would cost about AUD35 in myUS shipping and the transit time is a couple of days.

Beats the expensive and slow GSP service hands down every time

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Have you checked the prices recently?

I know FedEx has upped their US to Australia prices 300% recently.

2 pounds used to be about $US40, now $US150+.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Yep, I checked just before typing my message.

Go to myus.com and you can use their online freight cost calculator.

Bear in mind that if you join using your Visa card then they reduce the freight cost by 25%.  For Mastercard it is a discount of 20%

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply