item marked as sent when not posted.

Why does ebay continue to allow sellers to mark items as sent when they are notm

This is false advertising and another way ebay allows sellers to dupe buyers.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If the seller uses the ebay postage it is just the way it works......printing the label automatically marks the item as posted.

It is really not that big a deal.

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

It's true an item might appear as sent when all that has happened is the seller has printed the label.

However, that's not really your worry. The ETA can't be fudged. Either it arrives on time or it does not, and if it does not, there are ways for you to make a claim for your money back. So it is in the seller's interest to post asap after getting the parcel ready and I am finding most do.  Late items aren't the problem they were a decade or more ago.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

As a Seller it is annoying to me too, that once I print the postage label, it is automatically listed as "POSTED" in eBay. Complain to eBay and stop blaming us Sellers. It is out of our hands.

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

If the seller uses the ebay postage it is just the way it works......printing the label automatically marks the item as posted.

It is really not that big a deal.

I find it very irritating even though nothing can be done about it.  Recently I bought an item....and of course if the item had been posted at the time of the label or the next day it would have been better customer service.

However tracking showed it was not actually posted until 6 days later.   There was nothing in the list to suggest the actual posting time was 'eventually'.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

@zanadoo_56 wrote:.

However tracking showed it was not actually posted until 6 days later.   There was nothing in the list to suggest the actual posting time was 'eventually'.

That's not necessarily the case, if the item was posted in a red collection box then the first scan could have been at the first mail hub (or indeed your address).

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

vix332
Community Member

I am in this position also Item marked as sent and a tracking number provided when I ring the delivery company over a week later - they say they have not received the parcel yet? 

Vicki

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

The first bit, as already answered above

Was was the estimated delivery date on it ? 

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Thanks sandypebbles - ok so what your saying is even though it has a tracking number that is allocated not by the delivery company but by the seller? and Estimated delivery Fri 27 Aug - Tue 31 - but that ain't gonna happen if in fact it has not left yet

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

With Australia Post, for example, sellers might have satchels with a tracking number at home, so they quickly give buyers a tracking number, but they might wait a couple of days before posting the item. I mean, the tracking number is not allocated by sellers. They just have everything ready at home sometimes, but might not be able to post for a couple of days.

Keep in mind that with AusPost for example if a seller posts the item in a satchel in a red mailbox, the item might not be scanned until the next sorting centre, sometimes at the destination.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply