item shipped 2 weeks after sale date

i Bought some   "wheel Bearings"  to do repairs on my car  from a Ebay seller on the 25 Aug 2013.  Seller had  Express Mail service ( Which usually takes 2-3 days for delivery in Australia"

After 7 days I did not recieve the item and contacted the seller and asked the Seller if the item was shipped. the Seller reaponded it was shipped the day after I bought it .

After 11 days , I  still have not recieved the item and contacted the seller twice , but they did not repsond and I opend up a case on Paypal as per below.

• 10 Sep 2013 - PayPal: Email sent to seller
  • 10 Sep 2013 - PayPal: Email sent to buyer
  • 10 Sep 2013 - Buyer: Dispute escalated to claim
  • 9 Sep 2013 - PayPal: Email sent to seller
  • 10 Sep 2013 - Buyer: Dispute filed
  • 5 Sep 2013 - PayPal: Email sent to seller
  • 5 Sep 2013 - PayPal: Email sent to buyer
  • 5 Sep 2013 - Buyer: Dispute filed

on the 13 Sept I recieved the item 19 days after I bought it .   The item was marked as shipped on 11 Sept , so it was not shipped out to me till 17 days after i paid for it and was not shipped till i raised Dispute to escalated to Claim with Paypal.

How do I get a refund for the item .  I had my car off the road for nearly 2 weeks waiting for the parts and gave up on this seller for not resonding to me . So i went to my local auto shop and bought the parts I needed and fixed my car the same day .

Now these Ebay parts turn up 19 days later after I bought them , which I dont want becasue i already bought the parts after 14 days of waiting to fix my car. This seller screwed me around and did not ship the item out till 17 days after purchase .

How can i get a refund for these items if the Seller wont respond to any emails ????

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Sorry, but I dont think you are entitled to a refund. I know its frustrating however, you shouldnt have gone out and bought the bearings from elsewhere until AFTER the dispute had been settled. I would suggest, you leave appropriate negative feedback for the seller (being factual and no bad language, dont give them any chance for feedback removal), mark them down on ALL accounts and you could try listing the bearings yourself to try and re-coup your money. JMO.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

You would not really be eligible for a refund because you have the items you paid for, unless the seller accepts returns for change of mind (and if it's the front wheel bearing kit you received FB for on 25th August, it is marked as No Returns Accepted). 

I understand that the seller's service (or lack thereof) has caused frustration and inconvenience, but as you have the purchased items and presumably in as described condition, AFAIK there's nothing that would entitle you to a refund. It's possible they may have actually sent the items when they said they did and the ones you received were replacements sent when the dispute was opened - if it is that seller, their FB definitely doesn't seem to indicate sub-standard service (late postage, poor communication etc) is the norm.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

thanks for the advice bsal6160.

What worries me now,   is  how is is possible for a seller to get away for shipping the item 17 days after sales date and advertises express shipping  which i paid for i the sale ?

If a seller can get away with this and i am not entitled to a refund ,  leaves me very concerned about Ebay

therefore I could as a seller sell  items  on  Ebay and advertise and charge express shipping   .

Wait till the item sells  , and then I buy the item in Aisa and wait 1-2  weeks  till i recieve it  then I can then ship the item to the buyer who recieves it  19 days after sale date which does not entile them to a refund  ???????

this is what happened to me and I cant do nothing about it ???

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

thanks for the info digita;*ghost  

i actually bought front wheel bearings from one seller   and rear wheel bearings froma different seller  on the same day.

the front wheel bearings turned up from the first seller in couple of days  ., the "rear wheel bearings"  from the 2 nd seller are the ones which did not turn up till 19 days later and were posted marked as being shipped 17 days later .

The feed back for this  2 nd seller   (which is one I have the problem with)   who is listed as "brisbanebrakedepot"   has 4 negative feedbacks in the last month

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/180840403510?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#rpdId

this is the item i bought which was not shipped till 17 days after sale

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

@rob01ert wrote:

thanks for the info digita;*ghost  

i actually bought front wheel bearings from one seller   and rear wheel bearings froma different seller  on the same day.

Ah, ok. Their FB tells a different kind of story than the one I was referring to above. (Your posts will probably be edited by a moderator to remove the references to the actual seller, but for anyone reading the thread after that, the seller in question does appear to have a history of poor communication and sending items very late).

I only looked at a few of their listings, but they did have a 14 day return policy on them. If your listing did, you would in fact be entitled to return the item for a refund, presuming you met any of the other stipulated conditions - however, getting the seller to honour that return policy is the difficulty (perhaps obviously - if they are reluctant to respond to messages, I wouldn't feel at all confident sending it back and hoping for a refund).

I can't really advise any further other than perhaps contacting Fair Trading to see what your options are. 

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Good heavens-that seller has major anger management problems.JMO but I think you'll have zero chance of receiving a refund.A well worded neg to add to their collection & marking ALL of their stars as 1 will hurt them more.Don't leave 0 for stars as it has no impact.

Check out some of the rude follow ups to neg feedback & THEN read the following follow up THEY have left ????

We have a zero tolerance policy for abusive customers!!!

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

16 negs in a year and 99.5% would not necessarily make them a bad seller. Nor would 4.9s across the board.

The vast majority of buyers seem to be happy with the goods and service.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

IMO 99.5% for a high volume seller is borderline so I wpuld be looking carefully at the comments they have left, the follow ups they have left and if there was any revised feedback.

I would have hot the back button!

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 10 of 10
Latest reply