item shows delivered but it hasnt been delivered

i have an item showing delivered (australia post) but it hasnt been delivered, first showed as delivered yesterday.

i was here yesterday when the post was delivered, nothing came.

nothing came today either, did recieve mail though.

the contact seller thing when you select 'i didnt recieve my item' shows as 'delivered'

there is no 'well it didnt get delivered' button.

so i guess i just use the 'contact seller other' button, cept its not a 'other' is it?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

its just turned up, delivery driver had no idea why it was showing as delivered yesterday

said it definately only came in for delivery today

thanks for the replies

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

There are quite a few people posting the same, item says delivered but it has'nt been

Wondering if it is possible there is some kind of 'glitch' within AP that has 'updated' a batch of mail from certain dates as having been 'delivered'  ?

Just seems to be an unusual number of posts popping up on the same issue 

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

I always use the "other" button to contact a seller.

Using the "i didn't receive my item" button, for example, will open an INR case, which I don't want to do until after I have given the seller a chance to reply.

Quite a few buyers are caught out that way - they open a case when they actually just want to discuss a problem with the seller.
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

i also dont want to open a item not recieved case

however once australia post marks an item as delivered ebay takes that option away

since the corono virus started australia post is marking things as delivered wether your home or not, they have a 'no contact' policy

you no longer sign for items, they just mark em as delivered

as it happens ive been home every day this week when the post was delivered so i know this items not been 'left' anywhere

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Have you contacted AP to see if they can provide a photo of the delivery location?

In my suburb AP delivery to the wrong addresses seems to be endemic at the moment. 

There is a FB site for my suburb and people have been posting queries about missing supposedly delivered parcels, providing the AP photo as asking if anyone recognises the address.  Also seller mistakes in addressing where the name is probably correct but the address is not so the person at that address is trying to find the correct owner of the parcel......and so it goes on.

Do a search on FB to see if you have a local group where neighbours may be able to help if AP can't.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

its just turned up, delivery driver had no idea why it was showing as delivered yesterday

said it definately only came in for delivery today

thanks for the replies

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply