please make more opportunity for product reviews ?

ebay, please could we have more oppotunities to make product reviews attached to the item listing page. sometimes the item looks good from far, but it's far from good. With more oppotunities for a product review, others can make a more informed decition before buying an item....  

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

You can send suggestions to eBay
http://pages.ebay.com.au/community/suggestion/

You could also write a Buying Guide. Links to Guides appear in the left side panel of searches.
Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Or leave the ultimate product review - feedback.

Assuming you actually bought the product and are therefore in a position to accurately review it.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Take advantage of "reviews" on the product you're interested in by using google, most products are in there.

I've used it many times for items I'm looking at buying.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

I thought feedback was for that specific reason? well it used to be until ebay took the link to product away, so now when someone leaves "good product bla bla" no ones knows what product they are talking about anyway.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

You can't say a whole lot in just 80 characters.
Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

eeerm, yes obviously you can only review an item that has been purchased by you. good assumption matey !

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

I thought feedback was for that specific reason? well it used to be until ebay took the link to product away, so now when someone leaves "good product bla bla" no ones knows what product they are talking about anyway.

-------------------------------------------------

I don't know, I never look at feedback as specifically a product review.

I tend to think-did the seller send it on time, is it what was in the photo, was the description okay?

If all those conditions are present, then i tend to give a positive, but there have been a couple of times I have thought the actual product was a bit disappointing-maybe a bit cheaply made or just not the quality I imagined.

But if the item was fairly cheap and description honest as far as it went, not sure I should mark it down. I have seen people do it though in feeedback-say it was only average quality then give an item neutral and you see it only cost them $2 or whatever and you wonder if it is quite fair to do that to the seller.

For most items, you can look up productreview website but of course it doesn't cover every item you're likely to find on ebay.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Product reviews are usually for new items. How the product lives up to its claims, i.e. vacuum cleaner - is the suction good, easy to handle etc. The reviews are left on those sites by customers who have purchased and used the items.

That doesn't cover things, as you say, like sellers description being accurate, or time it took the seller to post the item etc, which are covered in feedback and star ratings.

I have seen a buyer leave a neg for a wool coat purchased from China for $15 because it was poor quality. Should they expect it to be the same quality at that price as a wool coat sold in Australia for $80++?

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply