problem with a refund

iv been having  a problem with a seller who eventually agreed to refund me (partial refund) if i revise my feedback.

i revised the feedback now the seller is refusing to reply to msgs and i still dont have the refund..

the item was sent to me used and damaged. so clearly returned by another purchaser.. all pics in my ebay msgs

al the msgs from the seller stating the refund deal are in my ebay.

i had a paypal dispute which i was going to escalate but they closed the dispute earlier than the deadline.. 26th feb.. today.. so my understanding is end of the 26th..

iv also tried the report a problem in ebay. got all the way to the end and the page just kept loading. my case didnt go through. tried again. same problem..

also the seller has the item listed as being in 

Item location:
Regents Park, NSW, Australia

but their in china...

what do i do next?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

problem with a refund

Why did you revise before the refund ? 

Now the seller has no need to do anything. That was your only leverage.

image host
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

problem with a refund

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

You fell for the oldest trick in the book.....once you changed the feedback you lost your bargaining power.

You never hear from the seller again once you have changed the feedback.

If you had just followed the rules and completed the ebay dispute you would have received your refund.

There is nothing you can do now.....just take note for the future

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

problem with a refund

so even though they agreed to refund and all the msgs are in my ebay msgs ebay cant or wont do anything?

wheres the sellers protection..

and yes i know i had the upper hand but i trusted the seller as they shouldnt be able to scam you within ebay itself..

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

problem with a refund

You said the seller is registered in China....enough said.

It is very common for Chinese sellers to promise a refund if you change or remove bad feedback and ebay Australia can not do anything.  If it is reported to the Chinese ebay site they do absolutely nothing.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

problem with a refund

wheres the sellers protection..

Don't you mean buyer's protection............and the protection was there if you followed the procedure for a INAD case either in eBay or PayPal.

image host
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

problem with a refund

yes. Sorry.
i mean buyers protection

no they are registered here
there postage is listed as au (regents park NSW)
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

problem with a refund

The item location was listed as in Australia. That doesn't mean the seller is. You have already stated they are in China. I'll bet good money that if you click on their feedback (something you should have done BEFORE you purchased) you will find that they are registered in China or Hong Kong. Maybe Malaysia. Either way, not subject to eBay Australia's jurisdiction.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply