purchased item 31st oct new rules effective 1st november

So  item was purchased 31st october, it hasn't arrived, i go to open a dispute, but I can't see that there is a way to do this anymore due to new way of dealing with disputes.  How do i contact ebay, all roads lead back to the same page that tells me i can't claim anything on this item as it was a day before new rules.

paypal says i can't claim the item either.....is there a way i can contact ebay??

I actually did post a comment on the feedback form where it asks if the new rules were helpful..but not quite sure that will reach them

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

go into your paypal account a lodge a item not received from in there you will need to locate the paypal transaction number for the purchase.. Otherwise ring paypal.
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Thank you....I tried that and they said number not correct or something, but I copied and pasted item number, i wondered if it was too old maybe?

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

You do not use the item number for a paypal dispute....you need the paypal unique transaction number which you will find on the paypal receipt.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

oh ok i will try that!  thanks

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

this is the message i get

This transaction cannot be disputed. Please go to the eBay Resolution Centre to review the program details for information on what to do next.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

OK, You will have to ring paypal.   There have been problems with the system in the last few weeks as neither ebay nor paypal are taking into account that there are still disputes needing to be opened under the old system.

Just have the paypal transaction number and they will probably open the dispute for you while you are on the phone.  If there are any problems just ask to speak to a supervisor.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

thank you very much for your assistance, i will ring tomorrow!

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Just to be devil's advocate here, but did you email the seller first and say you have a problem?    Most sellers will happily work with you without a formal dispute.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply