returning item not as described

Bought from China.   How do I open case in eBay?  I have been corresponding with the seller, refusing offers of 30%and 50%, to keep the misrepresented item, which I am not interested in.  I cannot see how to escalate to case?
thanks in advance

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

A Chinese seller will not have any idea of what a tracked parcel back to China will cost. The minimum is AUD$33.90 as Aus Post are only offering Express or courier. I don't think an overseas seller registered in another country can issue such a label and even if they could, it would hardly be worth while unless it was a very expensive item.

Anyway, it's good that you've opened the case.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

You have 30 days since the last day of the estimated delivery to open a case on eBay. If it is too late (if it is not, you should be able to open a case from your purchase history), you can open a case in PayPal if you used it to pay (you have 180 days since the day of purchase).

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Why bother to keep on communicating with the seller when you're going nowhere?

Just open a case for Not as Described. If you are past the time frame in Ebay and cannot see the option in your purchase history, you can open it in Paypal.

The seller has probably strung you along for long enough so that you pass the Ebay deadline and also the opportunity for feedback. Sellers like this deliberately use this tactic.

Since the seller is in China they cannot issue you with a postage label and will have to refund.

Do NOT close the case under any circumstances until you have the refund, not matter what the seller tries to tell you. I believe it takes round 4 days for a case to close, but keep an eye on things.

In future, open a case inside the deadline and then by all means communicate with the seller, but make sure things are "formal" if there is an issue.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Well, yes, that was my question HOW to open the case; I could not see any link.  The item only arrived Saturday (was due by the 16th- so plenty of time).   I did now find how to start the case.  I never before opened eBay case; I used to always do PP.  But I think I paid through eBay.  So, I think I managed to open the eBay case now.  Although, 2x it just disappeared after I put the photo in and before I could hit the enter button.  But I did get now the confirmation message.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Why do you think that se;;er from China cannot issue postage label?  I have in the past returned several items that were not as described, and the overseas sellers issued postage labels to send the item back.
Anyway, now that I opened the case, the seller offered full refund.  Now, I am waiting for the message saying "we will refund as soon as you cancel the case".  We are getting close to the NEG territory. 

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

A Chinese seller will not have any idea of what a tracked parcel back to China will cost. The minimum is AUD$33.90 as Aus Post are only offering Express or courier. I don't think an overseas seller registered in another country can issue such a label and even if they could, it would hardly be worth while unless it was a very expensive item.

Anyway, it's good that you've opened the case.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Yes, it is not worth it, but that is their problem, not mine.   I got my refund and the dress is going to our op shop.  The same dresses are still listed as 100% cotton.  That just show they know the description is false and they just hope people will not make claims. 
The problem is, now I have my money back, I don't feel I can leave negative feedback. 

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

If you wanted to, I personally think it would still be deserved

I mean the seller sent you the wrong thing

Then made flimsy offers so to try to get you to keep the wrong thing

Then you had to open a case in order to get the refund you should have gotten in the first place without having to open a dispute

Naturally it is up to you and how you feel about the whole transaction

I don't think a neg would be unfair or unreasonable though 

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply