said that Item was sent, but then seller said it was out of stock?

So I was buying something in a few different colours. I bought one, and the next day, it said the item with the colour i wanted was sent/dispatched.

Then a day or 2 later, the seller said the colour I wanted was out of stock, and if I wanted to pick a different colour, so I picked a different colour, and hopefully things go smoothly from there.

But what I want to know is, how can an out-of-stock item be sent?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@mad-azh-8l0rrjistc wrote:

So I was buying something in a few different colours. I bought one, and the next day, it said the item with the colour i wanted was sent/dispatched.

Then a day or 2 later, the seller said the colour I wanted was out of stock, and if I wanted to pick a different colour, so I picked a different colour, and hopefully things go smoothly from there.

Hi, the seller could have made a mistake or they were selling stock they don't physically have. That means it's supplied by another party. You buy from your seller who orders from the other party. And it's dispatched from there. But if that supplier is out of stock then the seller may not know until they're told.
I'm not a fan of this type of selling and I believe that auctions / sales of this sort should have an identifier to say that stock is held elsewhere.

Could be seller was a bit premature here with their announcement.

Sorry to hear of your inconvinience. Annyoying to say the least.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@mad-azh-8l0rrjistc wrote:

Hi, the seller could have made a mistake or they were selling stock they don't physically have. That means it's supplied by another party. You buy from your seller who orders from the other party. And it's dispatched from there. But if that supplier is out of stock then the seller may not know until they're told.
I'm not a fan of this type of selling and I believe that auctions / sales of this sort should have an identifier to say that stock is held elsewhere.

Could be seller was a bit premature here with their announcement.

Sorry to hear of your inconvinience. Annyoying to say the least.
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Did you get a tracking number, and if so did it show it as lodged with Aus. Post or courier? They could be generating their shipping labels prior to picking their stock, and you're getting automated notifications.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

No tracking number, so I guess the seller has the items supplied by another party as said in 4channel's answer.
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Could you give us the item number ? It's on the RHS of the listing page when you scroll down it.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply