seller gave ebay and pay pal a fake tracking number

Seller advised ebay they did not have item relisted it then told pay pal they sent parcel and gave a fake tracking number to ebay and pay pal.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

ebay will check the tracking number, discover it is fake, and then if the seller doesn't ptovide the right one in 10 days, find in your favour.

how do you know uit is fake BTW?

make sure you let paypal know

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Paypal do the tracking, not eBay.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

yeah, I meant that

*hangs head in shame*

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

A couple of days ago I purchased from a Chinese seller a relatively expensive item ($59) and when the Tracking Number was listed as "invalid" on both the China Post and International Track & Trace websites I rang Paypal and asked them to make a note on my file that the seller had provided me with a fake tracking number, just in case the item didn't arrive and he tried to claim seller protection, thereby negating my buyer protection.

Well Paypal must have contacted him because earlier today I received a message from the seller, apologising profusely and telling me that he had accidentally omitted one of the numerals from the tracking number, and providing me with the correct one. He also said that it would take a few days to appear on the China Post site so I'll give it until next Monday and if it still doesn't appear, I will ring Paypal again and let them know.
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

They have suspended the seller.  Shop is still operating and someone else sellling on Ebay for them.  I realise the money is gone.

They are allowed to operate at they are a franchise of a large Company.  Well my fault I should have read their bad feedbacks before I purchase.  What does annoy me they have my $320 but Ebay has remove the item from my purchase list.  Well I have learnt my lesson re Ebay.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

If ebay has removed the item you would have had a notification to advise you to open a dispute in paypal to get a refund.

Have you done so?

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

You haven't lost your $320 at all, provided that it is less than 45 days since the date of purchase. Simply lodge a Paypal dispute and escalate it to a full claim immediately (or as soon as Paypal allow you to) and let them know the exact circumstances, and you will receive a full refund in due course.
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply