seller trying to reneg on sale

I won an item (some worms farm/vege boxes) As they are large, I sent the seller an email saying that I had my own truck and asking if they were heavy and if there was someone to help me load them. I got a reply saying that she couldnt help as she was unwell aand thay maybe her son could help or I would have to bring someone. Next thing I gpt an email from ebay saying that she was saying that I had asked to cancel sale and that in the further info section she said that "

have decided to keep these - was hoping for price paid - which was minimal - they would go to a good
cause - but then was asked to help moved and lift by buyer - NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

I have declined her request to cancel and said that it is untrue. I have sent her several emails saying (politley) that I want the goods and am happy to supply labour but no reply. I have tried to ring her but the contact info on ebay phone is disconnected. What do I do? I was going to pay cash on pickup, but should I pay by paypal to make sure that it shows as paid?

The goods are about 1 hour away from my home but I would like them anyway
Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

That's a really tricky one cos it seems that she has really misunderstood your intentions.

At the end of the day though, unless you want to take legal action, there is not a whole lot you can do to make her go through with the sale.

It's probably best to hope she relists them or look for others.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

why not message the seller and explain u were just checking but it's no probs u have someone u can bring and she will not need to help. Sometimes a small misunderstanding can be fixed.

When life gives you lemons.
Squeeze them into people's eyes
Message 3 of 3
Latest reply