where have reviews gone?

has ebay removed reviews?

have they removed our ability to review.

pretty poor by a big greedy coporatiion

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

where have reviews gone?

Reviews are not available for all items. I have actually never written a review, but I can still see reviews written by others.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

where have reviews gone?

Like Papermoon, I don't leave reviews for products bought on eBay, mostly they don't relate to the actual item anyway.

Feedback is of far more interest to me, I notice that of your negs and neutrals left in the past year all were for sellers with dubious feedback scores - a high-volume seller with less than 99.5% should be treated with caution.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

where have reviews gone?

where have reviews gone?

The trouble with reviews (and I donโ€™t know if this can happen on a pcโ€ฆ. but it definitely can happen via the app)โ€ฆ.. but I can leave a review even if Iโ€™m just looking at a sellers item. I donโ€™t actually have to buy the item! 

And for that reason alone, I donโ€™t read eBay reviews. Only feedback.

plus, if they are anything like google reviews, they are not accurate anyway, often paid for and bought by the business/company.

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

where have reviews gone?

@exceed037 wrote:

has ebay removed reviews?

have they removed our ability to review.

pretty poor by a big greedy coporatiion

I don't know if it is still the case, but I remember seeing one time that reviews on ebay were a bit generic, in that a person could leave a review for a certain type of product and that review would show up on other products that were the same type of thing but maybe a different brand. In other words, useless.

Ebay isn't exactly the same as all other sales platforms in that sellers might be selling one off items or second hand items. Feedback about the seller might be relevant (and a buyer can leave that), but a review wouldn't be helpful if no others are on sale.

My advice is if you are looking for a particular brand of item that is sold in Australia, go to a proper review site eg product review.

You're likely to find a wide range of opinions, mind you. The same product can get one star from some people and 5 from others. What you need to check is if there seem to be any common themes or problems across several reviews.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

where have reviews gone?

I don't even trust Product Review these days because most people only leave a review if things have gone bad. Therefore, an item that might ordinarily be really good, shows up as being bad because a few people had an issue with it and they are the only reviews you see. Very few people these days will bother to go to the site saying, best item ever.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

where have reviews gone?

Yes, you are right in that most people don't write reviews unless they are upset.

I find the main thing to look for is a recurring theme, across several reviews. 

I rarely bother with looking at reviews unless it is for a big ticket purchase and then I prefer to look at the goods in person in any case.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply