why are overseas sellers allowed to claim their items are in australia when infact they are in China

why are overseas sellers allowed to state their items are in Australia  when in fact they are posted from overseas  mostly China   then take weeks to arrive   it would appear to me this is false and misleading advertising    e bay need to make a ruling on this issue  

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

why are overseas sellers allowed to claim their items are in australia when infact they are in China

Whist eBay Australia *might* report to eBay China , eBay China will not do anything

If people stopped insisting on buying from such sellers, it would go a very long way to stopping them

When a seller's feedback shows the person is registered in China and they have between dozens and hundreds of neg feedback saying the item was sent from China but people choose to buy anyway, of course they will keep doing it

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

eBay are doing something.

Courtesy of twyngwyn -

Accurate Postage Location
At eBay, estimated delivery time is based on the item’s location and the shipping service chosen. When these do not match, the buyer gets an inaccurate delivery estimate and are often confused when the item arrives from a different country.

To create a fair marketplace for all, sellers are required to select a postal option that matches the item’s location. Sellers are no longer able to create new listings or revise listings where the item location and postal service don’t match. In addition, from June, Good Til’ Cancelled Listings that have a mismatch between the item location and postal service, will be ended when these listings are renewed.

It’s important for sellers to accurately state the location of their items so that buyers can use eBay’s search filters to correctly select listings based on location. When this doesn’t happen, it creates an unfair marketplace for sellers and a disappointing experience for buyers.

Read more about our Item Location Misrepresentation Policy.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

I must be missing something because I can't see how this will stop the Chinese listing on ebay AU and having free postage and selecting normal postage through AP for delivery, then having a long handling time but posting straight away.

There's another section about third party whatsit but I can't remember the details now. Let's hope they can do something but I won't hold my breath.
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

At least they are making an effort to address the issue.

If people want to buy when handling times are excessive, that comes down to caveat emptor.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

They seem to be making an effort on a few things in this update.
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply