why ebay supporting scheme

Hello.

Why eBay do NOTHING about cheating customers (scheme) to rip of people?? you have so many sales for "

Portable Kinetic Mini Heater" but actually is NOT a heater  but  only CHEAP $1.00 air fresheners 

and eBay is happy live on because they have a commit-ion

Thank you

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Why has'nt the buyer who bought the item opened not as described disputes?

You can thank buyers who keep dodgy sellers in business by insisting on buying when the feedback warns not to, and then choosing not to open disputes 

eBay do not vet listings

a buyer can not be scammed unless they allow themselves to be

You have chosen to buy from many many dodgy sellers who have horrible feedback

You can't constantly choose to support these sellers and then complain about it/blame eBay

stop keeping them in business 

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Stop supporting these sellers.

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's definitely not a heater

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

@nionet37 wrote:

Hello.

Why eBay do NOTHING about cheating customers (scheme) to rip of people?? you have so many sales for "

Portable Kinetic Mini Heater" but actually is NOT a heater  but  only CHEAP $1.00 air fresheners 

and eBay is happy live on because they have a commit-ion

Thank you

I typed  'portable kinetic mini heater' into an ebay search and had a look. Prices seeemd to range from about $4 to $24 (the $24 was a different design)

I opened a few of the ads, just to see if they were those variation listings. Most weren't but I did find one that had an aromatherapy strip on offer. Price was listed in GBP but was only about quarter the price of the actual mini heaters in the drop down menu and both item and price were very clearly shown.

I read the spiel for these heaters, they are supposed to be dual purpose from what I can make out. Air freshener but also supposed to convert kinetic energy into heat.

This compact air aromatherapy was designed with multifunctionality and efficiency in mind, ensuring that it effectively warms up your surroundings without taking up valuable space. As the rings elegantly spin, they create a fascinating spectacle of kinetic energy conversion. The energy generated is harnessed and efficiently transformed into gentle, comforting warmth-proof of cutting-edge technology seamlessly converting kinetic energy into cozy warmth that envelops your space.
4. Comfortable and Cozy Atmosphere: With the flavoring car parfum, you can create a comfortable and cozy atmosphere wherever you go. The gentle warmth it provides enhances the overall ambiance, making your car rides or travels more enjoyable and relaxing. Say goodbye to chilly drives and hello to a soothing and inviting atmosphere inside your vehicle.

Almost all the items were from China and even a couple listed as in Australia were with Chinese sellers.

At the price point they are and the size, I wouldn't be expecting great things with these. There's a hint in the word 'gentle'. Probably as much warmth as a candle, if you're lucky. 

If you are mainly after heating,  the mini fan heaters that plug into electricity would probably work better for that, but again, at their price point (and the fact they are coming from China), I'd probably give them a miss too.

If you find your item gives out absolutely no warmth, even when you have your hand right on it, then open an ebay claim for item not as described.

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Ebay provide a platform for sellers to sell and buyers to buy. All over the world. Millions of people.

Ebay can't possibly vet every item to verify its nature. Ebay can do something if users report an illegal/dangerous etc item.

Unfortunately there are a lot of gullible people who believe in the most ridiculous claims about just about anything. Snake oil salesman have been around a lot longer than Ebay  - there are always people dreaming up easy ways to make money and some of them end up selling bizarre items wherever they can.

A fool and his/her money are easily parted. It is equally impossible for Ebay to check  whether buyers are able to comprehend exactly what they are buying, and or have actually read the information given, as it is for them to check that every seller has legitimate goods or every item for sale is exactly what is claimed.

As others have said here, and many places elsewhere on these boards, Ebay provide a process for buyers to claim a refund for items not as described. 

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Did you make the mistake of buying the rubbish you speak of. ??

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

As a matter of habit by the look of it, given the God awful feedback most of the sellers they choose to support have

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

@paper-jack wrote:

Snake oil salesman have been around a lot longer than Ebay  - there are always people dreaming up easy ways to make money and some of them end up selling bizarre items wherever they can.

My earliest memory of snake oil salesman goes back to the wild west,  where the only method to fix the problem with with a 6 shot.   Today  Ebay give us the tools to get our money back at least, without such drastic action.

But sadly as you say people are still as (or maybe more) gullible as in the wild west.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Trivia :

Did you know the '' Wild West ' only lasted about 30 years. lol

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

@domino-710 wrote:

Trivia :

Did you know the '' Wild West ' only lasted about 30 years. lol

Still going strong in Dubvegas.