why is "return this item" shown in my Purchase history listings

Hi!

I've just recently seen "return this item" as a link where the feedback link would appear in listings in my Purchase history. I have not received any of the affected items. Why is this appearing? I've never seen it before.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

It is the new ebay money back guarantee policy

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Hey Zelly,

will that option to 'return this item' stay against that purchase for the 180 days eBay now have decided on ?

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Why would you ask me that when you well know that its for the 30 day money back guarantee by ebay and the 180 days is the time frame in which you can open up a dispute through PayPal,you know this greencat so you're just pulling my whiska haha

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

@zelly888 wrote:

Why would you ask me that when you well know that its for the 30 day money back guarantee by ebay and the 180 days is the time frame in which you can open up a dispute through PayPal,you know this greencat so you're just pulling my whiska haha

Seriously, I have no idea, I have not sold in a long time, (and not planning to again on eBay)  and just wondered - honestly.

I was just thinking how hard they are making it for sellers as it is, and having a glaring great RETURN option sitting next to a buyers purchased item for 6 months is just rubbing salt in the wound.

No offence intended zelly, I will pick you up if I think you have given wrong advice etc, as you know, but I am not below asking a question of someone who clearly knows more than I do about a subject, that's all.

not pulling your whiskas Smiley Tongue

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Ok I'll take your word on that and yes for the 180 day dispute policy a buyer will be able to buy and then use the item for 179 days and then decide oh well I've had my fun with it and now it's time to open a dispute as the item is no longer needed so I'll go get my money back.But I'm not too sure if there will be a hidden clause somewhere in small fineprint that PayPal will be able too stop this from happening,who knows.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Cheers, I knew about the 180 carp, but to have it alongside a purchased item for all that time, seriously sucks.

I mean, a lot of buyers would not have been aware of this new policy but they sure can't miss it now can they?

And, how can a seller really be able to purchase more stock with proceeds of sales when they can't really guarantee they will still have the funds in 6 months.

Glad I am out of it

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks to both of you for this answer. Doesn't make sense to me to replace an incentive to feedback with an incentive to think negatively about a purchase. I understand how the message got there now.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

These people are utterly disgusting!!  The way I see it is they are encouraging people to return items, they have their ebay & paypal fees & hope you relist when you get it back & start again collecting more fees. I thought bank & insurance companies were bad but this mob makes them look like saints!!

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply