why wont Kogan and dick smith recognise my post code of 6443

porg0_3
Community Member

why wont kogan and dick smith recognise my post code of 6443 . as i wish to buy from them but they wont post to my adress 

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

They probably don't send parcels to remote WA maybe, or don't send to PO boxes. Check the postage information in the listing..

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Why would you ask this question on eBay?

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

On Kogan's eBay store they won't send to PO boxes - that's where the problem lies I think.

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

Have you contacted anyone to ask them?

Maybe they have put a hold on posting to certain locations due to the bushfires, it is not just about 'where the buyer lives' but if the route itself is safe,or open at all 

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

no this has been ongoing for months they tell me that 6443 is a invaled postcode well it is only invaled to them the rest of the world does not have a problem 

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

it is a home adress

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

@porg0_3 wrote:

it is a home adress

Then I can't help you if you have actual postal deliveries to your home address, I'm in rural WA and they give me a postal quote on my location - though having a PO box as I do, I might possibly have problems with them accepting my purchase.

It could be that even though they say deliveries are by AP, they are using a courier for some or all of their products. Only Star Track will deliver to PO boxes, none of the others will. 

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

because the item i wish to buy is listed on ebay by dick smith regards peter

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

@porg0_3 wrote:

no this has been ongoing for months they tell me that 6443 is a invaled postcode well it is only invaled to them the rest of the world does not have a problem 

I had a similar thing happen a few years ago where I was sending something and the address came as being a

invalid postcode and when I googled the address itself  it came up as the next number.

The area used to have the first postcode but was changed to the next number/suburb along due to the increase in

population and the council  boundaries being changed and the person was still using the old one which was then

wrong.

He said that he had still been receiving his mail using the old one but ended up changing it.

So it could be coming up as invalid when they input it for that or another reason so their system wont accept it.good.gif

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply