won 1 item now offered 3 more

timinex
Community Member

Hi i just won an item and the seller is offering me 3 more, which i want, how does the seller go about changing the invoice for this if its possible and if they do just change the invoice to the price of 4 are we both still covered by paypal Any help would be much appreciated

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@timinex wrote:

Hi i just won an item and the seller is offering me 3 more, which i want, how does the seller go about changing the invoice for this if its possible and if they do just change the invoice to the price of 4 are we both still covered by paypal Any help would be much appreciated

The seller can't adjust or increase the price of an item (or items) on an invoice to reflect greater quantities, and it is actually against eBay policy to offer more in this way. In order to comply with all policies, the best thing to do would be for the seller to create a new listing so that you can purchase them via eBay, and then (if necessary) send you an invoice to combine the two purchases. 

They won't be able to stop anyone else from purchasing the items once listed, so I'd recommend arranging for the seller to list at a pre-arranged time, with something like "Custom listing reserved for timinex" in the title, a full and proper description would be preferable, or at least a reference to the original listing that indicates the items are identical in condition etc (assuming they are). 

Another way to help guarantee only you purchase the items is for the seller to list with a grossly inflated BIN price but with best offer, where the only offer they accept is yours (for the agreed price).

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@timinex wrote:

The seller can't adjust or increase the price of an item (or items) on an invoice to reflect greater quantities, and it is actually against eBay policy to offer more in this way. In order to comply with all policies, the best thing to do would be for the seller to create a new listing so that you can purchase them via eBay, and then (if necessary) send you an invoice to combine the two purchases. 

They won't be able to stop anyone else from purchasing the items once listed, so I'd recommend arranging for the seller to list at a pre-arranged time, with something like "Custom listing reserved for timinex" in the title, a full and proper description would be preferable, or at least a reference to the original listing that indicates the items are identical in condition etc (assuming they are). 

Another way to help guarantee only you purchase the items is for the seller to list with a grossly inflated BIN price but with best offer, where the only offer they accept is yours (for the agreed price).

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

thanks for that info Digital ghost much appreciated

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply