wont open for me when I click on the link

When I want to look at an item,it won't open when I click on the link.I get a message saying something went wrong.Why would this be happening ?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

There are plenty of glitches on ebay at present.

Try clearing cookies and cache and reboot your computer.  If you are using IE change to Firefox or Chrome and add an adblocker to your browser.  That seems to fix the problms for most of the members who have come to the boards.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Kept happening to me all the time in IE.

Click on Setting & more (very last icon on top line, rught hand corner of screen - it's 3 dots like ...

Then click Settings, then click on Choose what To Clear, then make sure you've got the first 4 boxes ticked & click on clear & let it do its stuff.

Then close down IE & come back in & you should be up & running.  Had to do this after clearing cookies etc.. didn't work.

This takes about 1 minute.

Hope it helps.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

You would be better off using Firefox or Chrome as your browser since IE is no longer supported by eBay.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

You would be better off using Firefox or Chrome as your browser since IE is no longer supported by eBay.

FF and chrome are even worse from my findings.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

@4green2000 wrote:

@padi*0409 wrote:

FF and chrome are even worse from my findings.

I use both and don't have any problems with either,(only problem I had at one time was when I hadn't updated

Firefox so now it's set to automatic updates).good.gif

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply