you can not speak to ebay for help over the phone

try to speak to ebay for help after not reaching an agreement with seller, but there's no way to find a number to call even on google. Finally managed to search my bank transaction and go an 1800322928 number but it's a recording telling you to go throungh steps on ebay. what's the point. been using ebay for 20 year only because got used to it and not bother to change. now i have enough and trying out other webs. One more thing, if i need to sell something, the selling fees are about 20% if don't have a store. good luck to all others

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Due to COVID the phone lines are not operational so you need to go to the "eBay help" link at the top of the page and click on one of the options that relate to your problem then scroll to the bottom and use the "chat with us" link.

Alternatively ask your question here and the members will probably be able to help you out.

Selling fees are nowhere near 20% they are just under 14% the same as they have been for many years now.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

That is correct, that phone number for eBay has not been in use for well over a year due to Covid

I am not sure why you paid about 20%, is that true or a slight exaggeration ?

BUT fees are higher on many other sites that what they are on eBay so choose your new selling site well

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

I've always preferred on line chat. Getting the transcript of the conversation has been very useful a couple of times. If the problem isn't resolved or re occurs, the previous chat can be referred to - also helpful if the operator can provide a link to assist in sorting out a problem.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Really 20% on fee's,  come on get your story correct,  would you like to borrow my calculator

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Yes you can speak to eBay you can have them call you 

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

If this is about the dropshipper you dealt with advertising goods in NSW but actually from HK or China, you don't need to actually get phone help.

What I have done in the past is lodged a return request and claimed an item not as described stating

"Seller misrepresented item location as being in Australia but they are using 3rd Party Logistics to drop ship from China instead. The location forms part of the description and It is illegal to misrepresent the location of goods at time of purchase and the location of the item was a critical factor in determining to purchase from the seller"

You then escalate the dispute when the time comes and let eBay sort it out.

You can also use the help link at the top and chat to a CSR and alert them to take a note of the seller and their activity

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply