Selling Material

Hi - what is the best way to sell pieces of material? I sold a 3 metre piece and buyer said it was only 1.5 metres and wants money back. I apologised and will refund. I know it was 3 metres....but what proof should I keep. This was my first selling experience. I feel very silly ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Selling Material

do not just 'refund'

ask them to return it to you, by trackable post, when you have it back in the condition it was sent you will refund, NOT before.

if you get it back and they have cut off 1/2 of it, you will be able to tell by the weight of the parcel you sent them if they've kept some or not.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Selling Material

Thank you for your reply. I am still waiting for the material to be returned. The buyer has sent 2 more angry emails, threatening to leave really bad feedback if I don't also refund her return postage. The 3 meters cost me $8.25 to post - I had it weighed at the post office. 1.5 meters only cost $4.50 to send. 

I think I will use this as a "life lesson". I am always surprised when people are dishonest or mean ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Selling Material

Some just take advantage and they will never change, so don't take it personally.

It also surprises me that some don't learn they get more when they do the right thing. Smiley Happy

image host

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Selling Material

Hello...I am interested on the income of this transaction... Would you oblige ?

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Selling Material

do not just 'refund'

ask them to return it to you, by trackable post, when you have it back in the condition it was sent you will refund, NOT before.

if you get it back and they have cut off 1/2 of it, you will be able to tell by the weight of the parcel you sent them if they've kept some or not.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Selling Material

Thank you for your reply. I am still waiting for the material to be returned. The buyer has sent 2 more angry emails, threatening to leave really bad feedback if I don't also refund her return postage. The 3 meters cost me $8.25 to post - I had it weighed at the post office. 1.5 meters only cost $4.50 to send. 

I think I will use this as a "life lesson". I am always surprised when people are dishonest or mean ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Selling Material

Some just take advantage and they will never change, so don't take it personally.

It also surprises me that some don't learn they get more when they do the right thing. Smiley Happy

image host
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Selling Material

Hello...I am interested on the income of this transaction... Would you oblige ?

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Selling Material

Hi,

I sold the material for $30 + $8 postage. The Buyer returned a completely different peice of material (it was the same colour) I refunded $38 plus her $8 return postage. I was scammed, I think.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Selling Material

So sorry your first ebay selling experience was a bad one.

I suggest that you add that buyer to your blocked buyer list in settings, so that you don't ever have to deal with them again.

Don't let this put you off ebay  - every now & then everyone gets an unreasonable/dodgy buyer, but the majority of buyers & transactions go smoothly. (I once even received a lovely thank you card in the mail from one of my buyers!)

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Selling Material

I don't know if this is the right place for my post. I have always been delighted with my ebay purchases over the years. However today Fabric that I had paid for arrived in the mail. It was sealed in a plastic sleeve, protected. However when I opened it, the fabric reeked of a very bad odour, similar that to under arm sweat, body odour. Oh it made me gag. I don't know what to do. I have sent an email through to the seller. Such a shame, because there is no way that any one would not have noticed the smell.
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply