information on aboriginal painter rowan jerry doomadgee

hi,

i bougth this painting recently and was told that it was authentic, but try as i might i have been uunabl e to find any information on this painter or the painting . please

painting signed rowan jerry 14-6-08 doomadgee

regards

rosie

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

photo didn't load first time will try again obviously doing something wrong102_6672.JPG

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Hi Rosie, could you provide a photo ? It's a bit difficult to answer without one. Also what did the seller tell you. Where abouts is the Artist located etc. 🙂

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

hi,

thanks for your reply i have attached a photo on the second message.is that not showing up

regards

rosie 

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Rosie, from what I know about Doomagee, it is an Aboriginal Settlement in FNQ. I have visited Yarrabar which isn't far away. You may need to contact them, to find out more about the Artist.  That may give you a start ? 🙂

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

hi,

thank you for your reply, i have tried but had no luck . 

regards

rosie

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Roman Jerry is an indigenous artist who lives in the community of Doomadgee.  Doomadgee is just below the Gulf and is considered far North Queensland.  I has a population of about 1200.  Jerry’s art is will known in this community and he is considered one of it’s leading artists.  I worked there from time to time with the Queensland Government and I have met the artist.  In fact, I too bought one of his paintings.

Doomadgee has a local artist community and art studio.  It is operated by the Doomadgee Council and you should be able to get more information about him from the artist community.  You can ring the Doomadgee Council (google their phone number) or just google Doomadgee art centr.  I hope this helps.  Four years late in posting.  Sorry about that.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Hi, stumbled on this doing a search for Rowan Jerry as we knew him personally from Doomadgee FNQ, yes he is a local painter from Doomadgee and well known and that is his exact style, we managed the roadhouse in Doomadgee and purchased a few from him

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply