1780s black wedgwood info

hi all i have this old  peice of wedgwood  it got a mostach and a b mint marks  ..... so from what i can find its dated 1760s to 1780s would anyone have any info on the pattern  or desighn and has anyone seeen one or got one 

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

its also got a bolt  with a pewter washed holding it together

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

I think it is called BASALT.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

This is not a million miles away

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/9443146

124: Wedgwood Black Basalt Footed Fruit Bowl, England,

Lot 124 View Catalog

Description

Wedgwood Black Basalt Footed Fruit Bowl, England, 19th century, drapery swags in relief above a striped engine turned body, impressed mark, dia. 9 1/4 in.

Does yours have this?

wedgwood-mark-circleThis circular stamp, with an inner and outer line, was always placed around the screw of the basalt, granite and Etruscan vases, but is never found on Jasper vases, 1769 -1780.
Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

http://etruria.com.au/magento/index.php/marks

The comma, or moustache mark, looks like two dashes arranged like a moustache, or single open and close quotes - see below for examples. They are distinctly separate marks, and generally appear over or under the WEDGWOOD mark. This appears to be a potter's mark, and belongs to the period 1795-1850; perhaps a little later. It can also appear on later pieces, but other indications will help to place these pieces in the correct period.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

not bad siddie    so close   my one is 2 peice  and has a bolt holding it but yes you found the design   thanks mate 500 odd   thats ok

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

yes mate you can just see a ey on the side under the scew ...... would be about the end of the word bently

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

siddieswans    how would i deiscibe it if i listed it 

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Hi Shane

Well how about something like

Title :

c1780 Wedgwood Black Basalt Footed Bowl Moustache Mark Wedgwood & Bentley Screw

then description:

A Wedgwood black basalt footed bowl, probably for fruit, decorated with swags in relief to the rim, a striped body and (whatever it is can’t see) decoration to the foot. Impressed marks, including the “Moustache” mark. It has a screw construction, a partial Bentley and Wedgwood Etruria mark can just be seen around the screw; this dates it 1769-1780.

Then good measurements, some more good photos. Be very specific if there is any damage. You could list in either Antiques (Decorative Arts) or Pottery, Glass or both if you want to splash out. Let us know if you put it up (and good luck.)

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

siddie  your a top bloke mate   thanks for your help 

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply