2012 Aust currency uncirculated coin set (BOSTON)

Hi Everybody,

I have been collecting Aust decimal currency uncirculated coin sts for a number of years, and one of the sets I am missing is the 2012 uncirculated set (BOSTON).

According to Renniks Coin Book, this exists but I have never seen one advertised on E-Bay or any coin shop web.

could anybody supply a photo of the set so that it is easier to identify.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Terry 

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

What value does the Rennick's book give for the set?

It may be so rare that no sets ever come on the open market.   I cannot find any record of it anywhere.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

It's against the rules to solicit for items on the forums.

But you can set up a saved search and be notified if anyone lists one.

https://www.prospectstampsandcoins.com.au/royal-australian-mint/2012-coin-releases/

image host
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Thank you very much.

This is the first time I have ever used a forum and wasn't aware of any restrictions.

My sincere apologies.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

What value does the Rennick's book give for the set?

It may be so rare that no sets ever come on the open market.   I cannot find any record of it anywhere.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Hi again,

According to Rennicks there were 2500 sets issued (Berlin only 1500 issued).

The book value is the same as the Berlin set @ $95.00 and according to this edition of Rennicks, the issue cost was $40.00.

I even sent emails to Renniks & the Royal Australian Mint asking for a photo, but they couldn't help.

The Berlin issue is reasonably available on E-Bay, but as I mentioned, I have never seen the Boston set advertised anywhere and I am beginning to believe that my search will be fruitless.

Many thanks for your interest in my problem.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

@franterr3 wrote:

Hi again,

According to Rennicks there were 2500 sets issued (Berlin only 1500 issued).

The book value is the same as the Berlin set @ $95.00 and according to this edition of Rennicks, the issue cost was $40.00.

I even sent emails to Renniks & the Royal Australian Mint asking for a photo, but they couldn't help.

The Berlin issue is reasonably available on E-Bay, but as I mentioned, I have never seen the Boston set advertised anywhere and I am beginning to believe that my search will be fruitless.

Many thanks for your interest in my problem.

Is a pity you are not seeking the 2010 Royal Australian Mint Boston World Fair Of Money 6 Coin Mint Set 

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply