Any interest in Victorian Railways Paperwork?

Hi All,

My Grandfather was in the Victorian railways for almost 50 years until about 1972 when he was retired due to his age.

I have stumbled accross a box full of his paperwork - such things as results from qualifying examinations, notices of transfer to different stations, even directives in regards to changing the posters at the stations where he was station master.

I was wondering if there would be any interest in these types of papers? They are not in the best of condition, my family are hoarders not preservers Man Embarassed but they are still quite interesting and legible.

There is also a number of books and maps which I have found being sold previously on eBay so I'll be listing those items eventually but I'm not sure what to do with the paperwork. I'm definately open to suggestions since throwing them in the bin seems a terrible shame.

Thanks for your time,

De'ana

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

http://www.arhsvic.org.au

I can't think of any other historical society more likely to be interested. Otherwise you could just try listing it on eBay as historical railway ephemera  - you may be able to collect it into specific stations or areas. Some railway enthusiasts collect in an area specific way. If there are any instructions regarding war time directions they might be of interest as well. I agree that it seems a shame to dispose of history like this, but sadly sometimes it can't find a home elsewhere (and you can't keep everything!)

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

I'll look into that, thanks for the suggestion.

Regards,

De'ana

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply