Can anyone tell me what this is?

cezm
Community Member

I have a little bowl/pot but I'm not sure what it actually is. I have searched but couldn't find anything similarly shaped.

The top measures approx 10.5cm diameter and the bottom is approx 6cm diameter so it has a large 'lip'. Approx 4.5cm high

It did have some remnants of candle wax in

I'm also wondering how old it might be. I found this:

ETRURIA: The name of the factory was added during two periods. The first was in 1840-1841, and is very rarely found. The second period was from about 1905 until the mid 1920's. The second period can be easily distinguished as the word ENGLAND will also appear. It wasn't always added, so its absence is not significant.

It belonged to my grandmother (born 1919) 

Thanks

IMG_8898.JPG

IMG_8899.JPG

IMG_8902.JPG

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

it's so small....maybe a butter/compote pot
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I would say it is a ramekin but I cannot find the particular pattern.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Thank you and twyngyn

I couldn't find the pattern anywhere either

I will have to keep searching but I'm not sure where else to look

I have a few other pieces to investigate

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Have you tried the Replacements Ltd site in the USA.....if you have plenty of time on your hands you can usually find anything there.

They usually have every pattern ever made by every manufacturer.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Thank you. I wasn't aware of it.

My grandmother passed away a few years ago and I'm only now looking through some things, so a total novice

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Have you tried the Replacements Ltd site in the USA.....if you have plenty of time on your hands you can usually find anything there.

They usually have every pattern ever made by every manufacturer.

Just an update lyndal

I sent a request through Replacements. They couldn't give me any more info except to confirm that it was a ramekin. 

I thought that pattern numbers usually had a name to go with them but they were unable to provide that

Thank you so much for the site name. I think it will be very useful in the future - just hope my old brain remembers the name!

Thanks again

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

I know this was a while ago, but I thought I would google this again and hey presto this came up! Turns out though it is actually my photo on the replacements site!

https://www.replacements.com/china-wedgwood-a7253-ramekin/p/119855571?rplsrc=CJA&rplEvent=1&dvc={dev...

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Bad cezm for bumping an old thread, 😉 but that is so funny, not for you I guess, but made me giggle

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply