Dodgey eBay Practices - offering discount vouchers then stating not applicable to Coins

I'm really annoyed with eBay as it send s me reminders to bid on something because I can use a discount Voucher - then when I win the bid I try to use the Voucher ... only to be told this voucher is not applicable to Coins and Collectables..  So I bid on a $2,000 item thinking I'll get $130 discount only to find out at the "checkout"  I can't use it..  

And there's no way to let eBay know or ask why I get these marketing reminders - if the are "auto-generated", I still call BS because eBay made the offer and should stand by their offer   😞   Very unhappy!!!

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Dodgey eBay Practices - offering discount vouchers then stating not applicable to Coins

Did you read the T&C's for the voucher ?

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

A generic / bot automated email ?

I have had those after reporting items

eBay bots send me an email reminding me to bid on the thing I reported

Was there t&c and what did they say?

Was there an *  saying excludes on the email you were sent?

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Unfortunately, the whole system seems to be Bot operated - you would think that with all the $ it is making that the AI would be better.   While I'm looking at products - it has a small advert saying - "you can save $$$ if you buy this and use XYZ voucher code" ..  so I bid and upon winning the bid I put in the code...can't use it on coins and collectables..   So why have the advert SPECIFICALLY tell me I can save $$XX on THIS item that is in the Coins and Collectables???!!!!   

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply