Johnson Bros Nursery set.......how much?

I have had this set for years (does have crazing) and was wondering what you all may think it is worth? I've never seen a boxed set on here before so have no idea what to ask. I did have it listed a few weeks ago with a start price of just under $20 - had lots of watchers but I got scared and took it off before I had any bids lol.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Hmm, well to be honest, I am not sure about the added value of it being boxed. I suppose it provides a handy way of transportation, but if it were mine I would be having a photo of it boxed, and then taking it out of the box for photographing (and also giving it a wash). Just having the photos of it in the box make it impossible for potential buyers to see the condition, particularly the edges (to see if there are any chips.) I am sure you could re-pack it again properly. And grime (while it may be acceptable in a fragile antique vase) is not a good look for a child's stoneware nursery set. A careful wash in mild detergent and warm water is not going to harm it. (If it is, maybe you should not be selling it.) There seems to have been two lots of sets - a mixed set (like yours) and then a matched set (same nursery rhyme.) Perhaps $19 was a little cheap - maybe $30? $35? and hope to go higher (of course).  If you are going to list again (at a higher starting price), I would wait until your completed item falls off the eBay search, especially as you said that the reason for ending the sale was that the item "was lost or broken." Always better to say that there was an error in the listing. Good luck.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

I agree with siddie.... it definately needs a good wash and photographing out of the box too.

it is not that ''old''  this style was around in the 1960/70s and  if its been kept properly should not have any crazing.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply