Trench art what it actually means!

What does the words "trench art" mean? Well to my understanding, its whatever material a soldier could find in or around there dug-out or trench-line which is a continuous dug-out that may go for miles or just a few meters. It's used to help protect from enemy rifle-fire etc. I'm explaining this to give context to what people on ebay call trench-art. The most common items sold are letter-openers made from complete mauser rifle shells with bullets that are precisely and expertly cut, not possible by hand in the middle of a battle. Or huge artery shells made into brass vases or model aircraft and expertly soldered together. My point is most of this stuff is post war not trench-art which was all sold during the 1970s and 1980s through army disposal stores or war surplus stores. A time when through these stores you could actually still buy world war rifle bayonets, but not anymore. I know all this because that was what my old-man use to do to create fakery items, of which is a story in on itself, also why I have a ww2 german bayonet with scabbard but non matching ID numbers. Remember just because ww2 era items have dates on them does not make them trench-art or because some says so as they are trying to sell it! Actual trench-art can be worth $1,000s of dollars with proof of origin and even more valuable with a providence story with proof! So buyer beware!?

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

That is your very narrow opinion of it.   I guess we are all welcome to our opinion.

But I guess leaving negative , positive feedback is up to each individual as well

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Buyers should be aware of what it is they are buying, no matter what it is they are buying

Personally, I would'nt be taking advice from someone who rewards non payers with big green ticks, which not only encourages the fake bidder to keep making fake bids but lets them off without getting non payment strikes 

It will also get your own account pinged if the 'buyer' reports it

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply