help identifying makers mark on 18ct Pd ring

I have a diamond ring which is stamped with "18ct Pd". The Pd is stamped within a trapezium shape.
The ring is also stamped with a capital 'T' within a circle, which I am assuming is the makers mark. There are no other marks or stamps that I can see.
The ring is a trilogy ring (three diamonds) and is an older style, although I'm not sure if this is an old ring (ie: WWII when palladium was commonly used instead of platinum) or a reproduction of an older style ring, which is why I am hoping to find out who the maker is.
I believe that the ring was made in Great Britain or Australia (as in the US ring would have been marked 18k PD). Ring was given to me in 2008.
I would be grateful for any help identifying the makers mark.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Sorry I can't help. T in a circle is not an Australian mark that I recognise - I have several reference books that I have checked. Could you photograph the mark?

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Hi,
Thank you for you time - any help would be very appreciated. I have attached some photos of the ring and the hallmarks.
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Thanks for the excellent clear photos. Sorry - can't help. My feeling is that it is 1940's Australian - it would be very odd for UK precious metal of that period not to have UK hallmarks. I believe these days palladium is a very expensive metal and is mostly used as an alloy / substitue for white gold - yours looks like yellow gold, which would again point to 1940's. I wouldn't describe the circle mark as a T as the top quadrant seems to be "filled in" - but I don't know how I would describe it. All I can say is that it doesn't appear in the Australian jewellery reference books I have. The fact that it is a circle mark, rather than square or oblong, would again point to relatively modern (after say WW1) in Australia, rather than a historical mark. Being stylised, it does remind of UK import marks, or even the Utility Mark used during WW2, but it is not the same.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Thanks for your response. Sorry photo with 'T' is a little misleading as I think from the angle it is taken it looks filled in, but it isn't - I have attached another photo. Ring is definitely palladium and not yellow gold - it also has that 'patina' associated with platinum. However all your comments make sense. Thanks for all your time and your help. Cheers!
Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

hiya, I think the T is the ring size , the initials inside the lozenge are the makers initials and its  18ct. as u stated..cheers.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

I have a ring stamped 18ct pd T stamped in it. It bought from Thomas Jewellers 30 years ago. It was very well made top quality ring.Hope it helps

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

I just checked your stamp pictures mine identical.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

After EIGHT YEARS, and given the OP hasn't logged into the boards for, you guessed it, EIGHT YEARS, I doubt it will help.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply