limited edition LP record Matchplay / Various Artists / RSO

hi

this is a limited edition LP with a compilation of artists that had released albums under the  RSO label

all tracks are from artists albums or Movie Themes

the date is 1979 and pressed in australia by polyador and printed Not For Sale on label and cover

the list of artists and songs are as follows

GOLD - John Stewart SPIRITS HAVING FLOWN-Bee Gees MAKIN IT - David Naughton MAYBE - Thorn Pace

GOOD FRIEND -Mary MacGregor PROMISES - Eric Clapton BETWEEN YOU BABY AND ME - Curtis Mayfield and Linda Clifford

side 2

CANT SLEEP - Rockets SWEET MELODIES - Linda Clifford YOUR THE ONE THAT I WANT - John Travolta and ONJ

STAYIN ALIVE - Bee GeesMIDNIGHT WIND - John Stewart MOMENT BY MOMENT -Yvonne Elliman OH DARLING - Robin Gibb

i have tried to google many times cant seem to find this anywhere

thought it might be quite rare and just hoped there might be someone that recognises it

and can tell me something about it

the record itself is in mint condition the cover VG

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@opmania wrote:

hi

this is a limited edition LP with a compilation of artists that had released albums under the  RSO label

the date is 1979 and pressed in australia by polyador and printed Not For Sale on label and cover

GOLD - John Stewart SPIRITS HAVING FLOWN-Bee Gees MAKIN IT - David Naughton MAYBE - Thorn Pace

GOOD FRIEND -Mary MacGregor PROMISES - Eric Clapton BETWEEN YOU BABY AND ME - Curtis Mayfield and Linda Clifford

side 2

CANT SLEEP - Rockets SWEET MELODIES - Linda Clifford YOUR THE ONE THAT I WANT - John Travolta and ONJ

STAYIN ALIVE - Bee GeesMIDNIGHT WIND - John Stewart MOMENT BY MOMENT -Yvonne Elliman OH DARLING - Robin Gibb

thought it might be quite rare and just hoped there might be someone that recognises it

Sorry can't help but John Stewart "Gold" is one of our all time favourites - on all our playlists. Back in the days long before YouTube and downloads we bought a second hand copy of the LP "Bombs Away Dream Baby" out of the States just to get the track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVUtpUdY3Uo

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

@opmania wrote:

hi

side 2

opmania, This may or may not be of any help. A friend of mine was a High Profile DJ. He belonged to a Club that was US based and he would get all sorts of "Samples" that had Not for Sale Stamped all over them.  He would play them at his Venues etc. This may be one of those ? 

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

OK THAT MAKES SENSE

THANKS

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply