new online collectable site ?

Have just found out about a new online Aust based site for selling and buying, including, collectables. Swapmeet. Has anyone else heard about it or have experience of it?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I had a quick look. In the Antiques section there are 8 items. The first 4 belong to the same seller, who has been a member for 4 months. In that time he seems to have sold 8 items, though there is no way of telling if he has been paid for them. He currently has over 300 items up for auction, of which 2 have bids. There are obviously many more items for sale in the "swap" categories where the site would have originated - autos, garagenalia, boys' shed type stuff. Every site has to start somewhere but it seems a bit quiet to me (and probably not suited to the type of items I sell.) Anyway if you give it a try, good luck.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Hi,
I can't find a "swap" section or "swap" categories? I can only see that it is for buying and selling? Where did you find the "swap" section as I would like to have a look?
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Collectables has a lot of items.

I think siddies is referring to swap meets and club meets at the top.

Select that and it gives you a list of meets and the categories.

image host
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Collectables has a lot of items.

I think siddies is referring to swap meets and club meets at the top.

Select that and it gives you a list of meets and the categories.

Collectables certainly has a LOT of categories - but only just over 200 items for sale. Most of the categories when clicked on will  tell you No Listings.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply