EBAY Scam

Hi every one,

I just recived a call from someone pretendig to be from EBAY stating my account has been compromised, and that a purchase of $500.00 had been made using my IP Address, then proceeded to direct me to anydesk to show me how to get a refund if you recieve this call DONOT not let them into ANYDESK as they will have access to all of you information. SO DONT BE FOOLED THIS IS A SCAM.

Regards

David 

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

EBAY Scam

It is actually a very old scam. Sad it is still going on... ๐Ÿ˜ž

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

EBAY Scam

Old and obvious scam

But some people don't believe scammers will target them and are happy to go along with whatever scammers ask 

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

EBAY Scam

I got same call but what gave it away was their Indian accent, so I hung up on them

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

EBAY Scam

Pretty much a given everyone will at some point get a scam call pretending to be eBay. Even people who have never had an eBay account

Not sure what the Indian accent has to do with anything, since that is where a good number of eBay staff are from (and in fact, there was a post here this morning 'telling eBay' to get rid of it's staff from India) 

At least you had the sense to hang up though

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

EBAY Scam

@dragonscave688 wrote:

I got same call but what gave it away was their Indian accent, so I hung up on them

So if they had an Australian accent, you would have happily handed over your credit card number!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply