Ebay SUCKS!

So Ebay has suspended me for giving my phone number to a seller so he can give me a time and his address to come by and check out his bed for sale before I bid on it. Having already bought

This person is waiting for my corresponsdence and I can't let him know what's going on, I feel so rude! 

Ebay's acting like the military!

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Ebay SUCKS!

If he has already bought, you wouldn't get eBay on your back.

If that's the case, call eBay.

Oh I see you are the buyer. 

Still a little confused, you say before you bid but say already bought ?

image host
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Ebay SUCKS!

go-tazz
Community Member

@stidey43 wrote:

So Ebay has suspended me for giving my phone number to a seller so he can give me a time and his address to come by and check out his bed for sale before I bid on it. Having already bought

This person is waiting for my corresponsdence and I can't let him know what's going on, I feel so rude! 

Ebay's acting like the military!

They keep this up and they'll start losing their "valuable" buyers and sellers.

They really need to address and fix this isssue on pick up items,(or maybe they want pick up items put on

Gumtree instead?)

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Ebay SUCKS!

You're most likely right Taz, but the Gumtree search engine is rubbish, compared to eBay's.

I've given up using either site for selling, and I can't stand the S........L.......O........W........ gumtree pages waiting waiting waiting for them to load................... gawd.

Talk about frustrating.

Does eBay know that they are shooting themselves in the foot, abdomen,hand, chest and head?????

Man Frustrated  Man Frustrated  Man Frustrated

But this doesnt help this OP buyer!! 

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Ebay SUCKS!

I love it when we do a search for our local area, no more than 50km away and get results for Adelaide and Perth. Always useful for a pick up item.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Ebay SUCKS!

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

I love it when we do a search for our local area, no more than 50km away and get results for Adelaide and Perth. Always useful for a pick up item.

I'm currently looking to replace my dining suite.
I thought I'd take a quick look on Gumtree using my phone app, (it's easier than using my pc.)

WELL......................

searching dining suites > furniture > Bathurst/Orange region + 100kms= returned approx 4000 + results!

I had any listing that had the word *dining* in it,

any listing that had the word *suite* in it,

every listing advertised under *furniture* in what must have been all of Australia,

PLUS... all the *Wanted* adds that I had already opted in *for sale* adds.

TALK ABOUT BLEEDING FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!

I gave up.......

I'm in no hurry.....
While I am watching a couple here on eBay, I doubt I will actually purchase off eBay, especially since I can't view the suite before purchase because I certainly dont want to get any seller penalised, for good customer service, that is now deemed by eBay as SELLING OFF EBAY!!!  **bleep**!!!!!!!!!!

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Ebay SUCKS!

Kopes they said they wanted to inspect prior to bidding. eBay encourages this but generally for a pickup item you also have the option to bid/buy then cancel if something isn't right on inspection don't you? This may have been the better option.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Ebay SUCKS!

@letscleanupmycupboards wrote:
Kopes they said they wanted to inspect prior to bidding. eBay encourages this but generally for a pickup item you also have the option to bid/buy then cancel if something isn't right on inspection don't you? This may have been the better option.

You may well be able to cancel, but eBay could still easily miss out. If the seller has it listed for $200, the buyer buys, then goes to inspect. They decide the want it and try to make an offer of say $180. The seller says OK, so cancels the sale, the buyer gets a refund, then pays cash, and off they go. It's sold off eBay and the transaction has been cancelled. EBay loses out. That's what's going to happen, mark my words, How are the going to prove that's what didn't happen? With technology the way it is, that can easily take place in the driveway.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Ebay SUCKS!

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

@letscleanupmycupboards wrote:

You may well be able to cancel, but eBay could still easily miss out. If the seller has it listed for $200, the buyer buys, then goes to inspect. They decide the want it and try to make an offer of say $180. The seller says OK, so cancels the sale, the buyer gets a refund, then pays cash, and off they go. It's sold off eBay and the transaction has been cancelled. EBay loses out. That's what's going to happen, mark my words, How are the going to prove that's what didn't happen? With technology the way it is, that can easily take place in the driveway.

the flaw in that scenario, tippy, is that the buyer has already purchased at $200. I doubt a seller would then turn around and seel for less, during inspection.

BUT... on larger priced items, say $2000, perhaps it might happen. Especially considering the FVF on a 2K item!
But what does eBay expect? with all these YOU WILL Do and YOU WILL NOT DO rules now!
also, on another thoought.....

...could a buyer place a BIN , go and view the item to see if it fits their expectations, decide to *change their mind*, then commence a change of mind case and get a refund AND a $10 voucher???

Hmmmmmmmm...... i think the waters are about to get a whole lot *troubled*

Be Kind To Nurses....
Message 9 of 9
Latest reply