100 dogs seized in RSPCA raid

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/tipoff-leads-to-rspca-raiding-rural-hills-propert...

Shame on the people involved in this, and shame on those people who enable their activities by not caring where their puppies come from.

prostate cancer ribbon Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

They should not leave any dogs with them as they will only do it again. Mind you there is nothing to stop them from going out and buying a couple of breeding pairs and restarting the process.

At least these dogs should find good homes

Blessed are the cracked, for they are the ones who let in the light.
Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

Selling puppies at pet shops should be stopped.

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

Poor animals  😞

I hope they find good homes for all of them

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

😞 Poor woggie woos.

As I understand, dog breeders need to be registered.

I hope at least random checks are carried out.

Amazing it reached such a stage, but better late than not.

Hopefully this will now spur some action on procedures for control.

image host
Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

but if i remember correctly we don't like the RSPCA here

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

I don't.

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

They need to ban sales of puppies in pet stores and require that all dogs be registered, spayed and vaccinated  before they're sold.

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

They need to ban sales of puppies in pet stores and require that all dogs be registered, spayed and vaccinated  before they're sold.

Yes, pups should not be sold in pet shops or bred in puppy farms, all dogs should be microchipped before sold  (pure bred registered pups are all done before their KC certificate is issued), BUT definitely not desexed.  The hormones produced by testes and ovaries are essential for dogs to develop properly.  It is the hormone surge in puberty that causes bones to calcify properly, the growth plates to close, animal to stop growing and mature mentally.  There is now ample proof that pups desexed before maturity are much more likely to develop bone problems later on, including some very aggressive bone cancers.  Large heavy bone breed dogs desexed early also are much more likely to develop hip dysplasia.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply