Adam Goodes Vs the spreaders of hate

We have people spreading the hate for everyone from the PM to the disabled and refugees everyday.

Today we have Adam Goodes, who truly lived up to his name.

Message 1 of 353
Latest reply
352 REPLIES 352

what we need is more people like him on our radios in place of the vile hate paddlers spreading their vitriol across the country.

Message 2 of 353
Latest reply

Absolutely agree!

Message 3 of 353
Latest reply

"It felt like I was in high school again being bullied. I don’t think I’ve ever been more hurt by someone calling me a name. Not just by what was said, by who it came from.

Goodes urged restraint in the backlash against the girl who vilified him and said he hoped she would contact him to apologise.

"People need to get around her. She's 13, she's uneducated. If she wants to pick up the phone and call me, I'll take the call."

"I've got no doubt in my mind she's got no idea what she was calling me last night."

"It's not a witch hunt. I don't want people to go after this girl."

Speaking immediately after Goodes, AFL CEO Andrew Demetriou said he felt for the dual Brownlow Medalist and also for the young girl.

"It's disappointing that it occurred from a young girl," Demetriou said.
"We will do our best to contact her parents and offer support."

"You couldn’t help but be upset for Adam … because it affected him so much he had to leave the field of play.

"He, like us, will do what we can to ensure that this girl gets the assistance that she needs so we don’t have incidents like this happening again."

"What happened last night ... is extremely disappointing."

After the game, angered Pies president Eddie McGuire sought out Goodes in the Swans rooms immediately to apologise "on behalf of Collingwood and on behalf of football".

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/eddie-mcguire-apologises-to-adam-goodes-after-a-magpie-fan-rac...

Message 4 of 353
Latest reply

I just read that story & am going to throw my 2 cents worth in.

That 13yr old is nothing more than a racist little B.She is 13 NOT 3,she presumably has not been brought up in a bubble & would be fully aware that what she said was disgusting & illegal.

Irrespective of whatever her parents may or may not not have 'taught' her re racism,SHE made the decision to use the offensive word-no one held a gun to her head.

Adam Goodes can be forgiving but what is that going to teach the racist B ?That it's ok because she's just 13 so can say whatever she likes.

Pretty sad really IMO.

Message 5 of 353
Latest reply

Seriously?

People on the radio and TV are suggesting heimneeding to 'toughen up'  instead of  being hurt by the words of a 13 year old.

I agree kicking her out......

Maybe let her back in with a warning , but watch those members seats in the future.

Completely surprised this occured with a Collingwood fan, they usually are the classiest acts:^O

Message 6 of 353
Latest reply

j*oono
Community Member

I'm really quite shocked by what she said.  I just heard Goodes on the radio.  It makes me very sad that a young girl would call an aboriginal man an ape.

Topside :^O

Joono
Message 7 of 353
Latest reply

You'll get your chance to tell her what you think - give her another 10 years and she'll be C&Ping racist and political spam on CS. 😉

Message 8 of 353
Latest reply

j*oono
Community Member

Well Martini, I did wonder whether Nero's granddaughter went to the footy last night.

Joono
Message 9 of 353
Latest reply

wareubin
Community Member

If I was making $700,000 a year to play a game, call me anything you like. In fact if I was making $700,000 at any job for that matter. Let it rip, I'll cry all the way to the bank.

Message 10 of 353
Latest reply