Bondi Hoarders Put House Up For Sale

SYDNEY’S worst hoarders, the Bobolas family, have put their rubbish-strewn house on the market.

Despite needing a serious clean-up, fumigation and renovation, the property at 19 Boonara Ave in Bondi is prime real estate in the tightly-held beachside suburb.

The house has been the centre of controversy for years with more than $350,000 of ratepayers money spent trying to control the tonnes of rubbish accumulated inside and out by owners Mary, Elena and Liana Bobolas.

Every time the rubbish has been removed it has not taken long for the owners to build up the pile again and currently, the property is piled with junk.

A response is being sought from Waverley Council on the sale.

Entire Article Here

I wonder why they're selling?

And where they'll go. Will they find another property to trash?

And is their cat alright?

Message 1 of 83
Latest reply
82 REPLIES 82

Bet the neighbours are happy....... imagine their delight to see that bulldozed......

siggie-reported-by-alarmists..............
Message 2 of 83
Latest reply

I know I shouldn't but ......  is that a vacuum cleaner box in the foreground?

image.jpg

I wonder how Shayanna and Charlie would handle this one? 

Message 3 of 83
Latest reply

The property value guestimate (as is) is around the $2 million mark. I feel sorry for them - they obviously have emotional/personal/mental issues and it seems a shame that there is no organisation/government agency/ extended family capable or willing to cope with the situation. I'm sure there have been many attempts over time.

I'm not blaming anyone (least of all the people themselves), I just find it very sad.

Marina.

Message 4 of 83
Latest reply

No photos inside and only a few of the outside.

I feel sorry for the agent that has to show this house Smiley LOL

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-nsw-bondi-118903099?detailsSearch=true

Message 5 of 83
Latest reply

Thanks for that compassionate post,  Marina. 

Message 6 of 83
Latest reply

I feel sorry for them, nevertheless I think they should be made to repay council once the house is sold.

photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 7 of 83
Latest reply

@mainecoon1 wrote:

No photos inside and only a few of the outside.

I feel sorry for the agent that has to show this house Smiley LOL

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-nsw-bondi-118903099?detailsSearch=true

I bet  there'll be plenty of sightseers lol

Message 8 of 83
Latest reply

The house has no value...... the land does.

siggie-reported-by-alarmists..............
Message 9 of 83
Latest reply

@icyfroth wrote:

SYDNEY’S worst hoarders, the Bobolas family, have put their rubbish-strewn house on the market.

Despite needing a serious clean-up, fumigation and renovation, the property at 19 Boonara Ave in Bondi is prime real estate in the tightly-held beachside suburb.

The house has been the centre of controversy for years with more than $350,000 of ratepayers money spent trying to control the tonnes of rubbish accumulated inside and out by owners Mary, Elena and Liana Bobolas.

Every time the rubbish has been removed it has not taken long for the owners to build up the pile again and currently, the property is piled with junk.

A response is being sought from Waverley Council on the sale.

Entire Article Here

I wonder why they're selling?

And where they'll go. Will they find another property to trash?

And is their cat alright?

I hope when they do get the money from the sale, the Council goes after them for the clean up fee's.

Why should the tax payers foot that bill?

And I also hope they buy somewhere WAAAAY out in the boonies, so they can trash till their hearts content, and no-one will have to bother about any more tax payer funded cleanups.

Really hope the cat has found a better place to live. Smiley Sad

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 10 of 83
Latest reply