Brisbane City Council's tunnel&Go Between Bridge is a revenue scam rip off.

I decided to use the Go between bridge one day to save time and what I thought would be saving fuel costs, as the fee was only for 1 trip over 1 way I called flow toll to arrange to make payment via bpay online as I don't have a credit card as I don't believe in them. This was all fine as I was assured by the person from flow that I could make a bpay payment as I requested, they informed me that they could send the invoice for bpay payment to my email, I received an email from flow but it was not as the invoice I had been told I would receive it was a link to sign up for an account, so assuming I had to become a member to access the invoice I singed up but it turned out that this was only for people who use the bridge regularly and requested me to add money via credit card to an account that was no set up in my name, I called the flow representative a second time and they assured me again that they would send me another invoice. Once again I received another email with the same link, a total waste of time. I called the representative a 3rd time and this time requested they send me the invoice in the mail and this they said they would do. Over 2 months later I receive an invoice for the trip finally, as the invoice was only for a small fee well under $5.00 I would do it when I was ready also considering I had requested the invoice at this point 3 months ago, anyhow I put the invoice with my other bills to be paid and decided I would pay it when the other bill were due in 2 weeks. Well low an behold I receive another invoice from flow this time they are demanding payment and had now increased the amount on the invoice whacking a $11.50 admin fee, the audasity.
Has anyone else had dealings like this with toll roads.
Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

yes......they're a law unto themselves

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Yes, however, either call them or go in and explain, they will waive the fee.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

yes......they're a law unto themselves

They really are!

I dont get how there are no signs saying what it costs anywhere. People (mostly tourists etc) just have to make a blind decision on whether or not to go through it.

God help you if you dont have an account and etag and get charged the video matching fee etc.

Our tag ran out of battery power about a year ago and of course we didnt know until we went under and it didnt beep or register the toll. So we were looking at the statement wondering why this one toll was way more than usual. Well, of course we had been charged the video matching fee because of the unit having no power (and no way of us being able to change it...it had to be replaced)

Then, because there are not enough people using it...they bump up the price!!

And yet the wonder why the Clem is going bust followed by the new airport link.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

the tunnels are certainly very time saving but the cost and way of running them is ludicrous.  the way brisbane is going you will need to pay to use roads all over the place.  mind you this was just another of campbell bjelke petersen's ideas, he went tunnel crazy.  i'm surprised as premier he hasn't got a tunnel from brisbane to townsville in the pipeline.

Such is life.
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

the tunnels are certainly very time saving but the cost and way of running them is ludicrous.  the way brisbane is going you will need to pay to use roads all over the place.  mind you this was just another of campbell bjelke petersen's ideas, he went tunnel crazy.  i'm surprised as premier he hasn't got a tunnel from brisbane to townsville in the pipeline.

Do we know he hasn't? :^O

I have only ever had 2 issues with Etoll here, both times it was faulty equipment, both times a phone call and an email fixed the problem.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Haha you know some of the tunnels were conceived, planned and approved as long ago as Jims reign? I'm so over people getting all high and mighty and blaming the wrong person but it does provide a bit of amusement I guess. 

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

who is Jim?

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Jim Soorley. Labor Lord Mayor all thru the 90s and early 2000s. 

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

was there  a due date on the bill? 

If not then argue it but if so bad luck... that is the way it works.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply