Christ's Law of the Sword (Chuck Baldwin)

Sermon by Chuck Baldwin on Jan. 13, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL95OoKzcFA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW4pLv9DyqA

Liberty Fellowship- https://www.youtube.com/user/LibertyFellowshipMT/videos

8463951550_fc53241aaf_n s.jpg8492243661_0cfd0faa3c_n s.jpg

Fun Factor : Now you have a choice in chat, factor that
Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Luke chapter 22-

were gonna read two passages, Luke 22 and Mathew 26...

Luke 22 versus 1 thru 6.

1- now the feast of rederli wit is called the passover. Cheif preasts and scribes sought how they might kill him, for they feared the people. Then entered Saitain into sir name judas scariet, being of the number of the 12. and he went his way and commune with the chief priests, captains how he might betray him onto them. amd they were glad and coveted to give him money. and he promised and sought oppertunity to betray him, into them in absence of the multitude. now skip on down to verse 21

But behold the hand of him who betrayith me is with me on the table and true the son of man goith but woe onto that man of who he is betrayed. verse 36

then said he onto them, but him who hath the purse, let him take it, and likewise his script, and he who hath no sword, let him sell his garmet and buy one. For I say unto you that this is written must yet be accomplished in me and he was reconed amoung the transgressors for the things concerning me of the end.

and they said, lord, behold, there are two swords, here are two swords, and he said onto them, it is enough.. and he went out to the mount of olives and his deciples also followed him. Lets pick up the story in Mathew chapter 26

verse 45- then come ontoith his deciples and sayith onto them sleep on now and take your rest. Behold the hour is at hand and the son of man is betrayed into the hands of sinners. rise and behold he is at hand that death betray me. and forth with he came to Jesus and said hail master and kissed him. and jesus said onto him, friend, where for are though come? Then came they and laid hands on Jesus, and took him. and behold one of them wit were with Jesus strecthed out his hand and drew his sword, and struck a servent of the high preists and smolt off his ear. Jesus said onto him, Put up again thy sword, onto it's place. for all they who take the sword shall perish with the sword. thinkist though that I cannot now pray to my father and he shall give me more than 12 leigons of angles? how then shall the scripture be forfilled? thus it must be. in that same hour jesus said onto the multitudes ye now come out against me, as a theif with swords and staves, for to take me, Isat daily with you teaching in the temple and ye laid no hold on me...

But all this was done that the scripture of the prophets might be forfilled. Then the deciples forsook him, and fled..

alright, follow me, I want to take you thru this, go back to Luke chapter 22, the hightlights,

1- Tyrants fear the people, and they hate Christ...

These chief preasts and scribes and pharices, these layers who collaberated with them, the Roman polititions, who also collaberated with them were all Tyrants. They subjected the people with great intensity, They were not a free people, They were enslaved by a tyranical government, and by tyranical religious leaders. Make no mistake about this, there are many religious leaders that are just as tyrannical, as any political leader might be. Birds of a feather flock together, if you are tyrant prone, you are going to enjoy the company of fellow tyrants. Thats why these religious leaders worked so well with the Roman government. They both collaberated together against the people. Exessive taxation, took away their freedoms, had the power to litterally sieze their children, (seem familar to this day and  age?) from their homes, put them into slavery, in order to pay off the tax debts of the parents. That was commonly done and the pharsiees, religious leaders were as much part of that as the Roman political leaders.

Feared the people, they hated Christ, they wanted to kill him, and they feared the people. Tyrants by their very nature, are cowards. They hide behind the laws that they create, wit are created mainly, for the purpose of protecting the tyrant. Thats why those like Obama want us to surrender our arms, but afford themselves a lifetime of armed protection. This is the way tyrants always work back into the eions of history. Tyrants fear the people, and they always hate Christ. Why do they hate him so much?,

Two reasons really, Jesus is the auther of liberity.. What did Jesus say?, "if the sun shall make you free, you shall be, say it withme,  free indeed"  Tyrants hate liberity and freedom, The champion of liberity the founder of liberty Jesus himself is esspessilally hated. Number two, they hate him because Christ is the truth. "I'm the way, the truth and the life, no man come onto the father but by me"

The one thing that a tyrant must rely on is deciet and falsehood. They cannot stand the light of truth, put the light of truth on a tyrant and they will screech in horror. They hate truth and because Jesus is the truth they hate him.

The reason tyrants fear the people is because they know the people have the power to overthrow the tyrant. All power rests with the people and they know if those people ever decided with resolve and determination, to overthrow the tyrant, they could do so. The tyrant's guilty consiouse makes them parrionoid and oppressive.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply