it means a recount ?

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Clive Palmer declared winner in seat of Fairfax by 36 votes

why?

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

THERE were high-fives in the tally room when Clive Palmer won the election for Fairfax by 36 votes after a tense final count on the Sunshine Coast today.

One of Ted O'Brien 's scrutineers saw the writing on the wall and turned to his Palmer United Party opponent to shake her hand, saying " Enjoy your Success", before stalking off.

Mr Palmer's people were all smiles while Mr O'Brien's supporters hit the phones.

The final batch of 146 prepoll ballots that sealed the decision still has to be counted a second time, which could change the figure slightly, but not enough to change the result.

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

@azureline** wrote:

why?

with a less than 100 vote lead there usually is. i think the other LNP candidate can concede though.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Businessman Clive Palmer has won the Sunshine Coast seat of Fairfax by just 36 votes.

The Australian Electoral Commission (AEC) will now conduct an automatic recount because the margin is less than 100 votes. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-09-21/clive-palmer-has-won-the-seat-of-fairfax-by-36-votes/4972790

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

It's a close one
Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

I like some of his policies, such as the one for processing ore in Australia (value adding) to assist rural Australia. Mostly I'm happy he won because he's an extrovert and will make parliament more exciting... Even if he does vote with the Libs.
Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

@just_me_karen wrote:
I like some of his policies, such as the one for processing ore in Australia (value adding) to assist rural Australia. Mostly I'm happy he won because he's an extrovert and will make parliament more exciting... Even if he does vote with the Libs.

I think that was the point from the beginning, a manufactured rift between clive and the LNP, a few points of difference (to catch the stragglers who don't like abbott) and bingo. if the parliament was 'hung' again they could count on clive or whoever else it might have been from his party or one of the others created for the same purpose..  oakshott /wilkie /windsor insurance.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

anytime a candidate wins by less that 100 votes it automatically triggers a recount. 

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply